• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LBA passed in person

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBA passed in person

Hi, my first post . I am a tenant living in a shared house. Long story short: I went on holiday and landlord asked keys to my room because he repairs the house and wanted to go inside for some reason (he did not tell me the reason). When I came back many things were broken and missing (like computer things). He did not tell me his landlord address (but he owns the house). My question is that can I pass the letter before action in person as he comes to repair the house next time? I was thinking handing it over in person and taking a video about it plus sending a text message about it. Is this a good plan? Or I need to post it to my own house (which he owns)? Or I need to ask his address? But, is it ok if I just pass it to him when I see him? Thank you

Who is your tenancy agreement with ? That should have the address of your landlord on.

Have you complained to him already about the broken/missing items ? What was his response?

Did he lock your room inbetween when he was accessing it? ( ie could another tenant have caused the breakages due to the landlords negligence in leaving your room unlocked )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Who is your tenancy agreement with ? That should have the address of your landlord on.

Have you complained to him already about the broken/missing items ? What was his response?

Did he lock your room inbetween when he was accessing it? ( ie could another tenant have caused the breakages due to the landlords negligence in leaving your room unlocked )
      Thanks

Landlord changed just recently and he did not give any address yet, but he owns our house and visits it almost every day currently as he repairs it.

Yes I complained. He seems to ignore it by not answering and saying "I did not do anything" and "I will come to your room to clean it and show where it is". I checked the whole room and all bags where he said it is, and its missing. Plus the computer broken because they carelessly moved it.

I keep sending text message to him, but he does not really reply. He sends back messages about other things like repairs.

I think he locked it as we agreed yes. It was locked when I came. Plus I have nice tenants, they would not go there I am sure.

But, my primary question here is that is it legally ok if I pass the LBA in person by hand (if I video it also)?

(By the way, I started another thread about the issue about damages... but I just asked here about the paper issue, if you want to follow the damage topic)

Comment

the claim itself can be served personally (https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...les/part06#6.3) so there is no reason why the LBA can't be served likewise

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          the claim itself can be served personally (https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...les/part06#6.3) so there is no reason why the LBA can't be served likewise
          Nice answer with the link, thanks. NIce to read the law itself.

Comment

Just a follow up: the LL paid the external hard disc and also fixed thecomputer part. He did not "want to get any troubles"**... so it's all good now. But it took some time, that's why I started thinking what to do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X