• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Have lowell provided everything i asked for?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have lowell provided everything i asked for?

I received a letter before claim roughly 3 months ago to which i responded asking for the following:
    A copy of the written contract for the debt; A full statement of account, including details of all interest and charges included on the outstanding balance of the debt, explaining how they have been calculated, and any payments already made toward the debt; a calculation of the interest claimed; the annual or daily rate of interest; a description of the nature and amount of any administrative charges included in the debt; a copy of the notice of assignment of the debt. A copy of the default notice.

They have finally responded with some documents but im not sure if they have provided everything.

They have just written on the letter saying 'we are informed that the default notice was issued on 22nd march 2017.

Do they not have to provide a copy of this?
    it was assigned to vanquis and they have provided a copy of this, it was then sold on to lowell however there is no evidence/letter about this in their response. Is this again needed?

Any advice on how to respond would be great as i haven't got long to get back to them now due to receiving this whilst i was away.

Thank you
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Peterrabbit2 View Post
    I received a letter before claim roughly 3 months ago to which i responded asking for the following:
    A copy of the written contract for the debt; A full statement of account, including details of all interest and charges included on the outstanding balance of the debt, explaining how they have been calculated, and any payments already made toward the debt; a calculation of the interest claimed; the annual or daily rate of interest; a description of the nature and amount of any administrative charges included in the debt; a copy of the notice of assignment of the debt. A copy of the default notice.

They have finally responded with some documents but im not sure if they have provided everything.

They have just written on the letter saying 'we are informed that the default notice was issued on 22nd march 2017.

Do they not have to provide a copy of this?
    it was assigned to vanquis and they have provided a copy of this, it was then sold on to lowell however there is no evidence/letter about this in their response. Is this again needed?

Any advice on how to respond would be great as i haven't got long to get back to them now due to receiving this whilst i was away.

Thank you
    Can you post a redacted version of the default notice so we can take a look
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

This is all they have sent to me.

i have had to crop them as it would not let me post them otherwise.

many thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

no default notice there
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Sold to Vanquis before the date they allege a default notice was issued ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

That is all they have sent.
            so what do you recommend i do now?
            have i got grounds to challenge this?

many thanks

Comment

Also they took 3 months to get this information back to me, is this also allowed? Or do they have a time frame? Thank you

Comment

Hi Peter I was taken to court by lowell for a capital one card from years ago, luckily for me I had kept all my bank statements from years and years ago. I like you sent lowell a docs request, I never got any back from them so had to do a defense myself. I did contact capital one, and as it was from 2002 stated barred, I turned in my bank statements and letter from capital one. Turns out lowell solicitor turned up with fake payments, and fake documents, case was thrown out of court. Hope that helps, as iam sure it's standard practice for them to lie.

Comment

Any body know how to respond to them?

sorry to be eager but ive not got long to get back to them and im stressing about it.

Thank you

Comment

Do you have the rest of the transaction list?

Is there a date for that FreshStart change?

Between Provident and moving to FreshStart it wouldn't default. Did you get the welcome letter from Vanquis that would've said fresh start at the top in green?

You had paid £135 - What was the date of your last payment?

After that last £60 payment did the collection person stop turning up or was it just you were unable to pay it from there? Any recollection of what happened ?

transferred to Vanquis sept 2016
                    default alleged march 2017

what shows in your credit file ?

Any notice of assignment from Vanquis to Lowell ?

You can email me docs if you like ( save cropping them) admin@legalbeagles.info
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I have emailed you the full documents. Thank you

that is the transaction list, the last payment is the £60 ¥, the 24-03-2016

i cannot remember what i was sent back then bit i don't recall a letter with fresh start at the top at all, and the letter here doesn't say anything about fresh start, just a introducing vanquis bank letter.

no my oh went through redundancy and we couldn't pay anymore.

nothing shows on my credit file that i can see about from a closed account from provident which says settled i think and a green tick next to it.

they haven't sent me a copy of the notice of assignment from vanquis to lowell. I don't recall getting one either but again could of easily forgot about it.

thank you once again.

Comment

Got them ta

Last payment March 2016
                        Freshstart 30-9-16
                        alleged default March 2017 ( no default on credit file and no notice of default )

no default notice
                        no assignment to Lowell

Attached an example of a freshstart letter just to see if it rings any bells

Click image for larger version  Name:	2A347F0A-0494-4919-8640-C1399BA65BBE.png Views:	2 Size:	541.9 KB ID:	1477505
                        Attached Files
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Also did you get a copy of the terms that were on the back of the agreement?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Did you send a formal CC a request or just request documents in your letter of claim reply?

Draft idea for replying...

Dear Lowell

Thank you for your letter dated XXXXX 2019 in which you enclosed documents relating to the alleged account originally with Provident personal credit limited.

I am still awaiting copies of the remainder of the documents requested; the default notice and or notice of termination and evidence of assignment from Vanquis to yourselves. Additionally you will be aware that the credit agreement you have provided is incomplete. ( is there a cca Request in play?)

I look forward to receiving the documents at which time I can consider my position further. In the meantime please be aware that if you issue a court claim against me I shall be defending the claim in full.

Your sincerely

Peter Rabbit
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I didn't send a formal cc request i just replyed after ticking a certain box on the claim form saying i request X documents.

there is some terms and conditions on the back of the credit agreement, i believe. I have sent you Nother email with a picture of this attached.

Can i still reply saying without the other documents i will be defending in full with the cca being what i believe complete?

Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X