• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PLEASE HELP - Lowell Solicitors Letter of Claim for 2916.54 on behalf of Capital One

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PLEASE HELP - Lowell Solicitors Letter of Claim for 2916.54 on behalf of Capital One


    Today I received a Letter of Claim from Lowell Solicitors, acting on behalf of Lowell Portfolio 1 LTD, with regards to debt passed to them by Capital One.

    I have redacted my personal information and have attached images of the letter to this post.

    I do owe this debt, however, I am not certain how much interest has been applied to the original figure by Capital One.

    I am prepared to pay this debt, but I am currently a student and barely subsist on my current income, and so am not in a position to pay anything other than very small monthly repayments.

    Please advise, and thank you in advance for your assistance.


    D. T.

    Attached Files
    Tags: None

  • #2
    If you call Lowell they will go through your income and expenditure with you to work out an installment arrangement based on your circumstances, and arrange to review it every 6 months.

    Do you know when you defaulted on the Capital One card? IT was opened 2014 so presumably it defaulted 2016/2017 before assignment to Lowell, so it is likely to be enforceable and it isn't statute barred.

    We may not win by protesting, but if we don't protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
    Hetty Bower

    Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

    Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps


    • #3
      Thanks, Amethyst.

      Yes, I believe I defaulted around 16/17.

      So, your advice is for me to telephone them to discuss a repayment plan?


      View our Terms and Conditions

      LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

      If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

      If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


      1 of 2 < >


      Pre-Action Letters
      First Steps
      Check dates
      Acknowledge Claim
      CCA Request
      CPR 31.14 Request
      Subject Access Request Letter
      Example Defence
      Set Aside Application
      Witness Statements
      Directions Questionnaire
      Statute Barred Letter

      If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

      NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
      Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

      Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

      If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

      We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
      If your case is over �10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
      2 of 2 < >

      Need Formal Help?

      Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

      Find a Law Firm

      See more
      See less

      Court Claim ?

      Guides and Letters

      Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

      Find a Law Firm