• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter before action barclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes the internet is a minefield of misinterpretation.. Cant see peoples faces so cant see reactions in eyes or smiles.. Tried internet dating once...world of offence being taken when you think your just being funny...hahha

anyway. Thanx diana

Comment

Hi all
      just a quick update. They have put my account on hold.. Used a nice little delaying tactic as advised by another site..seems to have done the trick for now but only for accounts close to being statute barred

basiclly, originally made a official complaint to the dca about the statute barred issue( wasnt the best idea to complain about statute barred as somebody early on in this thread mentioned but anyway). Which automatically puts the account on hold which wasted a nice bit of time....
      they replied with the letter i originally posted on here...recieved an unsatisfactory reply so..the next step was a little ace i which seems to have workedd
      was advised to make a complaint to the ombudsman....now anyone who has had any dealings with them know they are pretty useless as none of them are legally trained but what it does is officially log another complaint with the dca via the ombudsman while they look into it, which puts the account on hold for a second time....hopefully this takes me over the threshold in 3 weeks

Comment

Hi all
        so today is the date it should be statute barred
        but the account is still on hold through the complaints procedure....as its still on hold it means they have been unable to take any collection action on the debt in the last few weeks so...

does that mean im free and clear..can anyone confirm?.....

Comment

Hi

Sorry not read back through the whole thread

have they issued a claim as opposed to just a LBA?

What is your basis for thinking it is SB, is it 6 clear years from payment ( was the default before the last payment ) or is it 6 clear years since default with no payments since?

What did you say in your letter to them about it being SB?

I would just leave well alone at the moment - that is what I am doing with my debts that are SB

Comment

Just had a quick read back.

Depending on exactly what you said in your SB letter and what they did with that letter - I think you might be home free but I wouldn't say anything else to them at the moment - silence is golden

Diana M any thoughts?

Comment

Hi jag
              really didnt say much apart from i dont acknowledge debt, its statute barred so sling your hook

few months back they sent a letter before action, through various complaints iv had the account on hold all this time.
              as of now its still on hold as far as im aware which means legally they are unable to take action on the account Nd so are unable to issue court papers

i think maybe agive it couple of more days in case they have taken it off hold and have issued court paper and not notiified me yet

Comment

Hi
                Was your last reply for me or regarding something else.

As far as I understand it, being disputed does not stop them issuing a claim although with no paperwork and probably SB they would, in my opinion, be rather silly to try.

Comment

Hi warwick. Yep sorry..it was in response to ur reply sorry

as far as i understand it if an account is in dispute then no collection activity is allowed to take place until the issue is resolved

Comment

Might be a moot point. It depends what the dispute is. If its just me saying I don't owe it then they can go ahead. If its me saying this account isn't mine because then they shouldn't go ahead.
                    Not sure there are any definites here although I am happy to be corrected.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X