• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW Legal letter of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diana M View Post

Except the Default Notice is dated 9th January 2015 (Page 1) and the last paragraph (Page 2) refers to the inclusion of the Office of Fair Trading information sheet yet responsibility for consumer credit regulation was taken over by (transferred to) the FCA on 1st April 2014.

Di
    Ahhh well spotted eagle eyes....
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello and Thank you for the responses.

To confirm, I only sent the reply to BW Legal. I meant to send the CCA request to Lowell but I forgot.

If i send one now, what should I reply to BW as there letter stated I had 14 days.

Thank you

Angie

Comment

Sorry i think i am being dumb here.

So are you saying to do CCA request to Lowell now and copy in Bw Legal. Plus still do a SAR to Vanquis?

Comment

Yes send a CCA Request to Lowell and a SAR to Vanquis.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank you Amethyst. Should I also write to BW and inform them I am reviewing the information as I don't want them thinking I have ignored their letter.

Comment

Yes we should write a reply to them really, telling them you have received the letter and because you have further queries and concerns over the account you have sent a cca request to their client, as well as a SAR to Vanquis to get further information on the account so you can further consider your position.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

If you tell BW Legal that you've sent a SAR to Vanquis there's a potential risk that they could ask the court to force disclosure of your SAR response/documents.

If there is anything in the SAR which could harm your case (albeit no claim has been issued yet) then you may have shot yourself in the foot by alerting BW Legal to the fact that you could/will have documents in your possession which they (BW Legal) may not have access to.

This claim (if it happens but hopefully not) is likely to be allocated to the Small Claims Track where disclosure is not as strict as the Fast Track, but the court will have discretion when making an Order.

Less is more Pre Litigation.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X