• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** STRUCK OUT *** Need help to apply for CCJ to be set aside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi R0b,

Can I claim the legal cost against Claimant; is it possible for your forum to charge me so that I can make such a claim.

If it is successful, I will donate that money to this forum?

Thanks
    Thon

Comment

Hi Thon, I don't work for the forum nor do I charge for anything. I am simply here on my own free time to help and assist where I can, but if you would really like to donate should you receive any costs, then why not give a donation to the forum costs - I'm sure Amethyst and co. will appreciate it. Alternatively you could donate by becoming a VIP member (or a lifetime VIP member) so at least you get some benefit in return.

If what Amethyst posted is the actual wording of the Order then I can see no reason why you can't claim reasonable costs incurred in defending the claim. the meaning of "costs" in litigation is quite wide and in my view above, extends to the LiP rate of £19 per hour spent on you defending the claim. By the wording of that Order, the Court has displaced the usual no costs rule.

If you really wanted to recover any costs then you would need to tally up how many hours you have spent preparing and defending the claim. If you click on the link in my signature there is a template Schedule of Costs which you can use as a starting point to note down separately what you have done in the preparation of this claim. It would need to be adjusted in the wording to reflect the Court's Order but you should describe each item of work carried out plus any disbursements. To make things easier, you should round up to the nearest half hour and do be honest, try not to over-inflate as a judge may not award you anything.

Would suggest you post up a draft version before sending it over for any feedback.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

thanks for your advice.

I am leaving the UK next month, not sure if I have enough time to communicate with the court and the claimant. Can I still claim that cost against the claimant even I am abroad?

Thanks

Comment

It's probably going to be more hassle than it's worth. If I were you, I would just take your win and move on, but its up to you.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

take your win and run, not worth messing about where you may loose money.

Comment

thanks. I dont want any money; because of the suggestions, I thought I would claim the cost and donate all to the forum if successful.

Many thanks

Comment

Hello All,

Justice has been done as Cottams Solicitors has been closed due to several complaints against it as seen in the attached letter from Solicitor Regulation Authority.

Thanks
                Thon

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by thonvh2017 View Post
                  Hello All,

Justice has been done as Cottams Solicitors has been closed due to several complaints against it as seen in the attached letter from Solicitor Regulation Authority.

Thanks
                  Thon
                  Great Good to know you weren't alone in dealing with them, and that any hassle they are causing others will soon be at an end too. Well done

Originally posted by SRA

Date: 18 October 2018

Decision - closure Outcome: Intervention
                  Outcome date: 18 October 2018
                  Published date: 18 October 2018

Firm details

Firm name: Cottams Solicitors Ltd
                  Firm address: 1102 Stratford Road, Hall Green Birmingham, B28 8AD
                  SRA ID: 492840

Outcome details This outcome was reached by SRA decision.
                  Decision details

Decision to intervene into Cottams Solicitors Ltd.

Reasons/basis

1. The Panel was satisfied that grounds for intervention existed under paragraph 32(1)(d)(i) Schedule 2 Administration of Justice Act 1985 namely that there is reason to suspect dishonesty by Mr Harry Cottam (a manager) in connection with the firm’s business.
                  2. The Panel was satisfied that grounds for intervention existed under Paragraph 32(1)(a) Schedule 2 Administration of Justice Act 1985 namely that Mr Cottam as manager of the firm and the firm itself, have failed to comply with the rules applicable to them.
                  Intervening agents

Marion Vesey of Shacklocks LLP, St Peter's House, Bridge Street, Mansfield, NG18 1AL has been appointed as the intervening agent. For enquiries please call 01623 423073 or email interventioncottams@shacklocks.co.uk.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X