• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED!!** statue barred debt from 2005 taken to court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: statue barred debt from 2005 taken to court by howard cohen and co(debt collectio

Good morning

today is the 28th day.
    still havent heard anything from claimant. I can not login to moneyclaim site anymore. I will try to call the court to check the status.

Comment

Re: statue barred debt from 2005 taken to court by howard cohen and co(debt collectio

Originally posted by nescla View Post
      Good morning

today is the 28th day.
      still havent heard anything from claimant. I can not login to moneyclaim site anymore. I will try to call the court to check the status.
      Ok the claimant has a total of 33 days to respond that's 5 days added for the defence to get the claimant/solicitors it is 28 days from the date the defence is in the claimants hands.
      Still worth checking with the court though.

nem

Comment

I have spoken to court and she said I should just wait and the claimant will inform me.
        She said that we still have time until 23rd of may but I dont think the claimant will do anything.

I will call them on monday to see what is going to happen.

Comment

I have spoken to court and she said I should just wait and the claimant will inform me.
          She said that we still have time until 23rd of may but I dont think the claimant will do anything.

I will call them on monday to see what is going to happen.
          Some courts staff don't mention the 5 days for service so it does get confusing.

nem

Comment

good morning;

I just spoken to court and have been advised that I need to put defence in today by 4.00 pm otherwise I will get CCJ.
            no response from claimant.

panicking now

Comment

Just get your defence in, it should all be standard as per http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...t-Court-Claims - also you wouldn't automatically GET a CCJ - would just be in a position where the claimant could request a default judgment.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I have sent the email now. shall I call them and chase it today whether they received it or do I need to go to court today(about 2 hour drive and I have been told the court time is 4.00pm)

also I have lost the moneyclaim user numbersand cant login to moneyclaim, thats the reason I have sent an email

Comment

started to panic now reply email I received states that it will be processed five to ten working days.I have called the court and have been told that it has not been processed yet and I should keep checking.I asked what if you dont process by the deadline, he says I should wait and check back tomorrow.IF it doesnt process by tomorrow they will ask the claimant,what to do.I have asked how long would it take but didnt get clear answers. if claimant asks for CCJ tomorrow and my defence hasnt been processed will I get CCJ?

Comment

I just spoken to court and defence has not been processed yet because I have sent the defence to wrong email

it is still the court email but not the defence email. no response from claimants.
                    I just sent to the email to right address but I am obviously panicking now.
                    I dont care about the CCJ but will they be asking for bankruptcy.

I didnt know to put the defence in before 28 day. I could have done it last week. I thought I needed to wait for claimant to respond.

Comment

I just spoken to court and defence has not been processed yet because I have sent the defence to wrong email

it is still the court email but not the defence email. no response from claimants.
                      I just sent to the email to right address but I am obviously panicking now.
                      I dont care about the CCJ but will they be asking for bankruptcy.

I didnt know to put the defence in before 28 day. I could have done it last week. I thought I needed to wait for claimant to respond.
                      Bankruptcy:

Has this been mentioned? If not it is unlikely that this would be an option now.

nem

Comment

on the court papers I dont see anything about CCJ or bankruptcy.
                        because it is a high amount would they be asking for bankruptcy instead of CCJ? Have they even be allowed to do it ?

Comment

on the court papers I dont see anything about CCJ or bankruptcy.
                          because it is a high amount would they be asking for bankruptcy instead of CCJ? Have they even be allowed to do it ?
                          This is just over £5K so only just over the BR threshold.

To start the BR process a Statutory Demand For Payment must be issued by the creditor.

nem

Comment

I talked to court yesterday and I have been told that my defence has been sent to Claimant and they do have 33 days to respond.

now it is a waiting game

Comment

I talked to court yesterday and I have been told that my defence has been sent to Claimant and they do have 33 days to respond.

now it is a waiting game
                              Yes keep any eye on your post!!

nem

Comment

just a quick update

deadline is 27th of June and there is still no news/action at all.

Shall I contact the court now or shall I wait until the 27th of June?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X