• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED ** :) Court claim Cabot /weightmans advice plz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** DISCONTINUED ** :) Court claim Cabot /weightmans advice plz

Hi guys I have had a court claim from Northampton regarding a jd Williamson account. I sent off my car request also my cpr request but basically got nothing back the normal letter from Cabot stating they couldn't find the documents and would get back to me in 40 days. My defence was due 27 Nov which I basically based it on the fact that no paper work had been issued to prove the debt was mine however yesterday I received a letter from weight mans offering me two settlement offers basically giving me to Dec 30th to accept . What do I do ? Is there a letter I can send back as the account is in dispute or do I just ignore it. Would really appreciate any help plz. masroll:
    Tags: None

Re: Court claim Cabot /weightmans advice plz

Any advice guys. . Xx

Comment

I'll give the hard pressed [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        I'll give the hard pressed @nemesis45 a shout.
        Apologies for slow response, health took an unexpected turn [MENTION=332]EXC[/MENTION].

nem~

Comment

Originally posted by flicky1314 View Post
          Hi guys I have had a court claim from Northampton regarding a jd Williamson account. I sent off my car request also my cpr request but basically got nothing back the normal letter from Cabot stating they couldn't find the documents and would get back to me in 40 days. My defence was due 27 Nov which I basically based it on the fact that no paper work had been issued to prove the debt was mine however yesterday I received a letter from weight mans offering me two settlement offers basically giving me to Dec 30th to accept . What do I do ? Is there a letter I can send back as the account is in dispute or do I just ignore it. Would really appreciate any help plz. masroll:
          Hi apologies for the delay in responding.
          Carboot did a similar exercise last year send out claims in a rush in the lead up to Christmas, many that they
          must have know were without documentary back up.

The above I think explains why you have had these offers.

I suggest checking with the court office before it closes too see if the claim is stayed, if it is
          personally I would ignore the " offers"!!

nem~

Comment

Hi nem, thanks for your reply and sorry to hear your poorly. I've just tried ringing the court and no answer. Just looked on my credit report and its statue barred on 22 Jan , so should I try ringing the court again before Christmas . I'm not too sure what date weightmans have to reply to the court. Xx

Comment

Hi flicky,

The 6 year clock stopped on the date the CC Claim was issued I'm afraid.

Sorry to say it looks like Cabot just sneaked this one in.
              Hopefully they wont get the documents to back up the claim.

nem
              Court Offices are open 1000hrs to 1600hrs so try in the morning.

Comment

Oh no does that mean the 6 year thing starts again ?

Comment

Bump

Comment

Hi nem just wanted to tell you I have received another letter today from weightman. It says we write to you in respect of the above mentioned proceedings. We have received your defence and can confirm that our client does not accept such, accordingly we have written to the court to request that the matter proceed as defended... However our client is hopeful that this matter may be resolved amicably and we invite you to contact our bla bla bla. I'm confused as this is a week after already telling me they have received my defence and offering me two different settlement offer. Confused.com do I just ignore it and wait to see what happens. Xxx

Comment

sounds like begging letters from them, wonder if they will at the end proceed or run away? like most do see what happen next sure Nemisis45 will comment?

Comment

Thanks for your reply Mike. Yeah it's abit strange to get one letter offering me settlement then next letter 4 days apart tells me they don't really care about my defence we r still gonna take you to court. And as yet still not received any of the info I requested lol. Very strange

Comment

Hey Flicky my case is very much the same as yours, were you offered mediation? and did they Cabot/Weightmans accept such, with you not having received your relevant paper work to defend your self truly the mediation service will tell you that its not possible so it will go to court ... but as Mike said will they run or drag it out.

Comment

Hi stu82, I haven't received anything yet as I don't think the dates are up yet. My defence was due end of Nov so I think weight mans still have a few days. Think I will wait till the new year then ring the court. I'm kinda thinking its stalling tactics but didn't know if I should be replying to any of these letters or forwarding them to the court or just ignoring them. Xx

Comment

Hi guys today I've received an letter about allocation to small claims track. What do I do now as of today I still haven't received anything from Cabot. Plz help form has to b back by the 18th January

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X