• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** DISCONTINUED*** Help.. Received a Claim form!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Help.. Received a Claim form!

Thanks [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION], hope you have a nice few days away
    and if you or maybe [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] are about i rang the court today and asked them about what's happening ect. Got through to the most helpful friendly person ive spoke to so far..he has told me that Lowell have paid the fee however they have not complied with anything that the Judge ordered us both to. so they have received no documents or anything from them aswell as i haven't. He said he cant give legal advice but he seems to think the Judge will call the case as struck out if not in next few days (as hearing is the 6th) then before we enter court. i explained that i may not be able to attend court as i finish work at 2pm the exact time of hearing (sometimes i can get out earlier but not all the time) so he has told me to email the court and mark as Urgent and f.o.a the Judge and explain again that i still have nothing from Lowell ect and hopefully he will strike out or maybe reschedule the hearing. (but he said again he would be surprised is not struck out before as Lowell are yet to comply with anything they have asked despite reminders and been given extra time)
    Matty

Comment

If you aren't sure about attending then I would let the court know today of that. Will find a letter for you to email.

CPR is https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...es/part27#27.9
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

VERY ROUGH

1st one to court and 2nd one to claimant.

Dear District Judge xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxclaimant v xxxxxxyou - Claim XXXXXXX
        Hearing Date: 7th July 2016 – xxxxx pm

I am the Defendant in this case and unfortunately, due to work commitments, I will be unable to attend the hearing scheduled for the7th July 2016 at XXXXXX pm.

Please accept this letter as written notice of my non-attendance as required by Civil Procedure Rule 27.9. I have also informed the Claimant that I will be unable to attend.

I respectfully request the court hears the case in my absence and take into account my witness statement and other documents filed and served with the claimant and the court when making a decision.

Yours faithfully

xxxxxxxxxxxx
        Defendant
        --------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------

By email: xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx
        And by post: claimant

Dear xx Claimant xxxxxxxxx
        xxxxxxxxclaimant v xxxxxxyou - Claim XXXXXXX
        Hearing Date: 7th July 2016 – xxxxx pm

I am the Defendant in this case and unfortunately, due to work commitments, I will be unable to attend the hearing scheduled for the 7th July 2016 at XXXXXX pm

Please accept this letter as written notice of my non-attendance as required by Civil Procedure Rule 27.9.. I have also informed the Court that I will be unable to attend.

I have requested the court hears the case in my absence and takes my witness statement and defence into account.

Yours sincerely

xxxxxxxxxxx
        Defendant
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Just on this...
          I just about managed to get a hour off a few weeks back for my wives antenatal appointment
          https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...l-appointments
          &
          From 1 October 2014, an expectant father or the partner (including same sex) of a pregnant woman will be entitled to take unpaid time off work to accompany the woman to up to 2 of her ante-natal appointments. “Partner” includes the spouse or civil partner of the pregnant woman and a person (of either sex) in a long term relationship with her
          Just for future ref xx
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thankyou [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] i have emailed the court and posted a letter to the claimant Lowell.
            and thanks for the paternity information, will read through

Comment

Hi everyone [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION], i received this email from Lowell solicitors this morning,my first ever contact from them or Lowell..does this mean it's over?
              Attached Files

Comment

It's a notice of discontinuance so yes, it is over Check court have had a copy in a couple days though just to be sure.

Love your scanner tho... just picturing some poor paralegal licking pages...

Had the claimant's filled in the dates etc?
                Attached Files
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

haha just noticed all the spelling,"lick" hahaha ,
                  no they didn't put Judge's name or date, only date was on the bottom where they signed with todays date.
                  I will check with court at the end of the week to make sure they have received it too then?
                  Thankyou so much

Comment

Originally posted by mattty View Post
                    I will check with court at the end of the week to make sure they have received it too then?
                    Yes, and then let us know so I can change your thread title to **DISCONTINUED** !!!!!
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Actually matty, just realised you were due in court on the 7th, so best to ring the court morning of the 7th to check it's been cancelled !
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

thanks Amethyst,will give them a call and fingers crossed it's all over....phew!!! and all thanks to you guys
                        will keep you updated as to what they say!

Comment

thanks Amethyst,will give them a call and fingers crossed it's all over....phew!!! and all thanks to you guys

Good result Matty well done!!

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Good result Matty well done!!

nem

Comment

HELLOOOOOOOO!!!! HUGE THANKS TO [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] ..I CAN CONFIRM FROM THE COURT TODAY THAT LOWELL GAVE UP AND HAVE GAVE MYSELF AND COURT NOTICE OF DISCONTINUANCE!!! so happy that after 8 months it is finally over,but i could not have done it without you guys,i would not of known where to start. seriously do not know how to thank you enough!
                            Matt :goodjob:

Comment

Wooohoooo ! Bloody great news. Congratulations
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

• Re: *** DISCONTINUED*** Help.. Received a Claim form!

Nice one!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X