• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED ** Court Claim - LOWELL / J D WILLIAMS - 25-3-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - LOWELL / J D WILLIAMS - 25-3-2015

No Allocations is for Claim " Track".

Directions is for what you want the court to do.
    e.g. The claimant to disclose certain documents.

nem

Comment

So - [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] how do I respond to the offer of negotiation letter from Bryan Carter LLP? Ignore it? Or politely decline as liability has not been established to our satisfaction?

Tom
      I will not provide support by Private Message under any circumstances. This is for your protection and mine. Any advice I give is my own opinion and carries no legal weight. Check it before you use it!
      Over £1200 claimed in several actions against several organisations.

Comment

Well, you should respond, even if just to say'' thanks but no thanks, remember I asked you for the agreement, how about you do that then we can consider negotiating if appropriate.''
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Here we go - how's this? [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Code:
          Dear Sir,

RE:CLAIM NUMBER XXXXX – LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD

I note the contents of your letter in which you offer to negotiate.
          As no documentation or other evidence has been provided as to my liability for this debt despite my numerous requests, I do not feel there is anything for us to negotiate at this time. Once my liability has been formally established and documented to my satisfaction I will be happy to reconsider this response.

Yours faithfully,

Tom
          I will not provide support by Private Message under any circumstances. This is for your protection and mine. Any advice I give is my own opinion and carries no legal weight. Check it before you use it!

Comment

I think that's grand xx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I can't see them allowing this to court... they wrote back once again and said "We note the contents of your letter and it's our client's policy to send this stuff out at the beginning of the agreement and therefore we refer you to your own records..."

Despite the Law quite clearly saying they have to provide it on request! I'm guessing they will either disclose at the last minute in an attempt to throw us off, or they'll discontinue without prejudice.

Oh! One little gem at the end - "We recommend you seek independent legal advice" - LOL!!!

Tom

Comment

Received a notice of transfer to our local county court a couple of weeks ago - nothing since...

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by StoneLaughter View Post
                  Received a notice of transfer to our local county court a couple of weeks ago - nothing since...
                  Any directions from the court regarding disclosure of documents?

Comment

Check with the court in the morning to see if they have actually got the
                    claim as there is a backlog all over the court system, also there is a possibility
                    the claim is stayed.

nem

Comment

I can't see them allowing this to court... they wrote back once again and said "We note the contents of your letter and it's our client's policy to send this stuff out at the beginning of the agreement and therefore we refer you to your own records..."

Despite the Law quite clearly saying they have to provide it on request! I'm guessing they will either disclose at the last minute in an attempt to throw us off, or they'll discontinue without prejudice.

Oh! One little gem at the end - "We recommend you seek independent legal advice" - LOL!!!
                      That was Mr Carter's standard template letter he uses to respond to every request!

The legal system works very slowly, I'm still waiting for judgment having had a hearing back in May (a totally different matter though).

If the case was transferred to your local court it's not likely to be stayed. The court should give you at least 21 days notice before a hearing and directions to disclose the documents at least 14 days before the hearing date. If they can't whip them up by then, we may be looking at a discontinuance. ray:

Comment

I'm dancing on clouds here! Stack of mail received while we were decorating the living room which dutifully got put to one side... just opened a letter and they've discontinued!!!! W00000000ttttt!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I did check with Mansfield Court at some point and they'd got it and were dealing with it - we had a date in October - now we don't ever need to worry about it again!

Tom

Comment

Well that was nice and simple for you Well done. aw:
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

I'm dancing on clouds here! Stack of mail received while we were decorating the living room which dutifully got put to one side... just opened a letter and they've discontinued!!!! W00000000ttttt!!!!
                            BRILLIANT NEWS!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Looks like my crystal ball was in perfect working order when I posted this a month ago.
                            Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                            If the case was transferred to your local court it's not likely to be stayed. The court should give you at least 21 days notice before a hearing and directions to disclose the documents at least 14 days before the hearing date. If they can't whip them up by then, we may be looking at a discontinuance. ray:
                            Let's hope it has the same effect on all the other threads where I've said something similar. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X