• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio Ltd / Co-operative Bank - 4-9-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio Ltd / Co-operative Bank - 4-9-2014

I haven't had a copy of the claimants directions questionnaire as yet Amethyst. I assume that it has just been served upon them, so I'll wait it out for a little while, to see how they're playing this, as I've got until the 24th to file my questionnaire.

Yes, it seems Small Claims is the way to go. I particularly like the idea of filing an application to get wasted costs against them, to punish the cheeky buggers. Also this is not the only credit card I have that I have Lowell chasing me for. Perhaps they will think twice before trying to pursue me via the court again.
    Last edited by nexatron; 9th November 2014, 13:51:PM. Reason: grammer!
    When you know a thing, to hold that you know it; and when you do not know a thing, to allow that you do not know it - this is knowledge.
    - Confucius, The Confucian Analects

Comment

Hi nexatron

im still at the same stage as you and need to return my n180 by 20th November. What I'm unsure about is, will we receive a copy once lowell/BC complete there questionnaire? and we also need to submit copies to them once we submit our questionnaire to the court?

Comment

Originally posted by Kadafi View Post
        Hi nexatron

im still at the same stage as you and need to return my n180 by 20th November. What I'm unsure about is, will we receive a copy once lowell/BC complete there questionnaire? and we also need to submit copies to them once we submit our questionnaire to the court?
        Greetings Kadafi

Yes, I think that's the way things proceed i.e. The Claimant / Claimant's solicitor sends a copy of their questionnaire to Defendant and vice versa. But just to confirm, is this correct Ame / nfc? And I take it we send this by signed-for delivery? To the Claimant, the Claimant's solicitor or both?

Cheers.:beagle:
        When you know a thing, to hold that you know it; and when you do not know a thing, to allow that you do not know it - this is knowledge.

Comment

Just to keep you all informed of my progress, I have my hearing date set for March 26th. I did try and enter into mediation but was informed by HMCTS that this would be pointless as Lowell / BC have failed to produce any documentation on which to base the mediation on.

Comment

OK, an update. BC have sent me some further documentation. This consists of a miraculously discovered further page from the original agreement - I doubt if this is worth scanning and presenting here as it is totally illegible and only includes a few personal details; what appears to be a letter of assignment; and a whole load of historical account statements. Crucially there is no Default Notice. Now, should this alter my defence in any respect which still appears pretty solid? Also, is it even worth the time and expense of attending the court hearing if the outcome is pretty much a foregone conclusion? (I intend to claim for my wasted time and costs at the conclusion of the case).

Your help in these matters is very much appreciated.:beagle:
            Last edited by nexatron; 28th February 2015, 09:48:AM. Reason: Grammar!

Comment

If the document is not easily legible in all parts you have no way
              of knowing if it is part of the original agreement.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nexatron View Post
                OK, an update. BC have sent me some further documentation. This consists of a miraculously discovered further page from the original agreement - I doubt if this is worth scanning and presenting here as it is totally illegible and only includes a few personal details; what appears to be a letter of assignment; and a whole load of historical account statements. Crucially there is no Default Notice. Now, should this alter my defence in any respect which still appears pretty solid? Also, is it even worth the time and expense of attending the court hearing if the outcome is pretty much a foregone conclusion? (I intend to claim for my wasted time and costs at the conclusion of the case).

Your help in these matters is very much appreciated.:beagle:
                I'd say it's definitely worth attending the hearing, :thumb: judges have been known to favour cheeky claimants over LIPs even when they do attend.

Comment

Tremendous if not unexpected news: The judge struck out the claim almost immediately on the grounds the the CPR was not complied with -- no copy of the default notice was provided. This was notwithstanding the fact that the CCA was not even compliant.

Thanks to all on here for helping me to achieve this. Now there is the minor matter of another claim being brought against myself. But apart from that all the rest of my historical debt has been statute barred. Oh joy

Comment

Well done nexatron xx Did you have to attend in the end?
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: **WON** Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio Ltd / Co-operative Bank - 4-9-2014

Nexatron, I am over the moon for you. Fantastic stuff from the A team once again especially magic Amethyst!spell.jpg

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                      ~ Anonymous

Comment

Re: **WON** Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio Ltd / Co-operative Bank - 4-9-2014

Cheers once again. Yes, I attended the hearing which lasted all of 5 minutes. The parasitic Lowell scumbags weren't represented though. Now would it be possible to cheekily pursue Lowell for costs? Albeit I did get my transport and time out of work costs for the day:wub:

Comment

Well Done!!!
                          nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X