• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Bryan Carter/Lowell Court Claim Form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bryan Carter/Lowell Court Claim Form received

I didnt need to inform them I moved in April 2001 and took out account in 2002

Comment

So you'd moved before opening the account. Goodness know why the claimants have sent docs to your previous address then. You can point that out to the Judge too.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Just got out of Court and its....Won Won Won. Will put details up later

Comment

Great News

Comment

Brill!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue2:

Comment

Thank goodness for that. Look forward to hearing details later.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by toffee man View Post
                Just got out of Court and its....Won Won Won. Will put details up later
                Well done.

Comment

Well went to hearing and there was just me and the Judge Carter's never turned up.
                  The Judge said he had read the papers and my defence. He asked me one question "Did you receive a default notice?" I replied that I hadn't.
                  He then said he was going to strike out the claim as it was a fundamental breach of the Consumer Credit Act. And that was it 4 minutes at the most.

I take it that as Carters hadn't supplied one in their papers then he believed me rather than them.

The only concern I have is that Lowells invented a payment in 2013 and basically that keeps the claim live. What can I do to get rid of it.

Comment

PMSL - that sounds great. Nice Judge.

The claim is struck out so they can't bring it again without getting permission. They will have to evidence that payment in 2013 if they ever do try it.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Can I claim costs.?

Also I wish to complain about Carters. Their witness statement said I had submitted an SAR request and they said "the claiment has no record of that request" Yet Lowells sent me all the info in July. A blatant lie. There are lots of other errors in their as well. Who do I complain to.?

Comment

Can I claim costs.?

Also I wish to complain about Carters. Their witness statement said I had submitted an SAR request and they said "the claiment has no record of that request" Yet Lowells sent me all the info in July. A blatant lie. There are lots of other errors in their as well. Who do I complain to.?

Comment

Did you mention to the Judge about costs for today ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Complain to the FCA and the SRA.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I didn't mention to the Judge about costs. I was in that much shock that he had dismissed it so quickly I clean forgot. Is it too late now?

Comment

Depends how much you fancy stirring the nest, they could apply to overturn the strike out so I'd be inclined to leave it. In small claims costs awarded would only have been under £100 I expect, basically how much did it cost you to get here, park and have you lost pay for attending...
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X