• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

capquest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capquest

Approx 15 years ago I had a debt to Capquest Financial which they took to court and I was ordered to pay £2.00 per month, which I have paid every month by direct debit ever since.They are now saying the Court Order has expired and want me to fill in a income and outgoing expenses form so they can adjust payment to what they think. Does a Court Order actually expire or are they just trying it on?
    Tags: None

As your circumstances were such that the debt was ordered to be paid at a 'nominal' amount' at that time, it is reasonable for any company to ask for details of your financial situation now. They are within their rights, so it would be best to comply with the request, or possibly face additional costs. After all, after 15 years your financial situation may have improved and it is the job of the court to try and be fair to both sides. You have had the benefit of that for 15 years.

Comment

It might be an idea to send them a CCA request, see what they send you, make sure you get Proof of Posting.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X