• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot/jacamohelp!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot/jacamohelp!!!

I need a little help with cabot. It all starts at my old house back in 2007/08 when i get a call from jacamo saying i owed them money for goods. I have no knowledge of these items and told jacamo i have left my previous property by the date they claimed i recieved goods.

I was only young at the time and a single mom and was scared of the constant calls and threats of balliffs etc so i felt i had no chose but to start paying. Which i did start making payments then i moved and stopped.

Now fast forward to earlier this year i recieve a card saying for the occupier to call this number and i found out it was a company called cabot who claim my debt had been passed to them. I told them the situation and said i was young and bullied but i thought the payments i made had paid it off in full.

Since then i requested a CCA and recieved another letter stating they had taken over my debt but no CCA.
    Today i recieved a phone call from a bullying little toad called adam who constantly tried to twist my words and make me pay saying i'd be getting people to the house and that apparently they HAD sent me a CCA, which i haven't recieved.
    I told him they would get nothing out of me until i say 'my' signature on the CCA that i never signed etc. He told me he didn't have to send out a CCA whihc had my signature on it (???)
    i said if you don't have 'my' signature how can you prove they sent me the goods. He tried to say oh you have received goods, i said no how can you say i have if there is no signature etc.
    He constantly twisted my words and i got annoyed . I also requested all communication be in writing from now on and he said no we can call you 6 times a day. Is this right? i lost my temper told him to p*ss off and put the fone down, he rang back straight away saying i think we got cut off (even though i said it's miss bxxx to you) and i said yeah i told you to p*ss off. (satisfying but wrong i know)

Any advice to get these bullies off my back would be appriciated.
    Last edited by Curlyben; 7th April 2011, 12:46:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot/jacamohelp!!!

Welcome to Legal Beagles lannyb87.

Firstly you need to remove your name from your post.

I've included a link to a Telephone Harassment letter that you can send to Cabot.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?t=81

CJ

Comment

Thank you for replying..how do i edit it i can't see how to do it.

Also thank you for that letter i shall use get it sent off asap.

Also because i did make some payments to jacamo before can they say i've acknowledged the debt?

How do i go about getting them off my backs. I'm desperate now :/

Comment

From reading what you have said you may not even be responsible for this debt. Also, Cabot who have bought this debt how do you know the debt has been assigned and that it is a debt that actually belongs to you and or if it is related to you how do you know if it is the correct amount.

I would have a read of this thread http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=14182 and I might be inclined to to a subject access request, this letter can be found in the enclosed thread as it would be interesting to see that they have legal entitlement to this debt.

Comment

Naughty Cabot, sending out letters to the, Occupier!

OFT Guidance on debt recovery:
          2.8 (a).

Comment

I'd send Curlybens "prove it" letter first and see if it turns up anything remotely valid.

Comment

Lannyb87 - I understand what your saying about this matter. The problem is the information give is correct. Since october 2010 a signed copy does not have to be given just a true copy and under ofcom regulations they can call up to 6 times a day. In my opinion the best thing to do would be to contact Cabot again and even try and speak to the same person and advise the same thing again but this time if the same conversation occurs then ask to speak to a line manager and something will get done. Dont be afraid of these people they cant enforce baliffs when Cabot say it will move to doorstep their agents are NOT ballifs but people who will just come and speak to you and ask you to pay monthly! As far as courts and thast goes Cabot will not take you to court for anything less than £3000. Hope this helps any further help i know someone that works there!

Comment

Never speak to a debt collector on the telephone!

Please, keep everyting to the written word;
                send by recorded delivery;
                keep copies.

Comment

I understand waht AC is saying and of course there are people who just are not nice people. However if they are giving misleading information then having a telephone conversation is the easiest way for them to slip up. Then you can ask for a detailed copy of the call or a subject access request!

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisagift017 View Post
                    Lannyb87 - I understand what your saying about this matter. The problem is the information give is correct. Since october 2010 a signed copy does not have to be given just a true copy and under ofcom regulations they can call up to 6 times a day.
                    Head Desk.

I guess you are trying to refer to the Carey judgement here for compliance of a CCA request. ( http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2009/3417.html )
                    So lets get dates right for starters.
                    Is was DECEMBER 2009.
                    Also the requirements are a true copy of the agreement including original address and T&C's as well as current T&C's.
                    As for your OFCOM comments, total and utter Bovine Excrement. There is NO such regulation !!!

Of course if legal action is taken then the actual ORIGINAL agreement would be required to prove positive that this debt is lawful under CCA s61 etc...

Comment

not to cause an argument...
                      Ok i think you will find it came into use october 2010 the dates on that were the hearing date it took longer for them to be ruled in to use.
                      As for legal action......A Jacamo account....really?
                      The outstanding amount cant be more than a couple of hundred pounds cabot wont go to court for less that 3k!

Comment

Try again.

Carey v HSBC Bank Plc [2009] EWHC 3417

Comment

It still says hearing date december 2009? but moving back to the thread any response to court action?

Comment

That's the JUDGEMENT !!!

As for court action a recon agreement would NOT satisfy the requirements under CPR and CCA

Comment

So it would not have been enforced till way after? I think if you look into it more it was properly introduced october 2010 ill find some info and post it up!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X