• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

cabot /defult notice on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cabot /defult notice on

HI

Just recently i got a copy of my credit report from experian on line, I have a defult notice for a debt of £368.00 .

Apparently cabot had brought this debt was from old address I had not heard anything from them and the default has been on my file since 2007.

Me and my partner had split we both left the address and obviously this is one debt i had forgotten about aprt from this my file is in great shape is there anything i can do about this default on my file i knew nothing about.

Would be grate full for any advice thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: cabot /defult notice on

I have just had a update on my report updated december on call credit that i owe cabot financial now £560.00 .

THEY CALLED AT MY ADDRESS THEY FOUND ON CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCEY TODAY

They said pay it or intrest would carry on to be added

I never knew what to do I just said well show me the credit agreement they said they dont have it to hand but the debt still stands and now we know where you live we will keep calling. Intrest will be kept adding to your account so i shud pay up or sign a payment plan with them.

I said I now will only contact you by letter and will accept no phone calls .

Please can some 1 help me with some good advice.

Comment

Sorry bud been a little tied up.

So did they physically arrive or was it on the phone ?

Comment

he actually came to the door and basically said this is your debt needs paying what do i intend to do to pay it . ten he just told me what i posted above.

thanx for getting back

Comment

Blimey, that's a little harsh.
          Well you did the right thing, but if they call again ask them to leave your property as you do NOT discuss financial matters on the doorstep.
          The same goes if they call. You need EVERYTHING in writing for the avoidance of doubt.

Do NOT be drawn into discussing the alleged debt at all.

This is your lawful right and they know it.

So, TBH, until they start writing to you there's not much else to do.
          Have a read of the first link in my siggie for some guidance on dealing with DCA's/

Comment

Ok ben thanx I will do that, and then see what happens.

Comment

Until they have the common decency to actually supply enough information for you to investigate this alleged debt there isn't really much else you can do.

After all who you pay me if I simply said you owed me cash ??
              If they answer is yes can I have your address and I'll send an invoice

Comment

lol well yea , but seriously if they cant supply the agrement which they say the dont have to because the debt was purchased from vanquis and they can just charge the original intrest untill agreement is setteled.

And they tell me I must because of the intrest is high on the card it will get worse.

Comment

Hey who cares.
                  They can cancel Xmas if they want, but without the actual agreement they are all kinds of scuppered

Seriously they can only continue charging interest if there is a clear contractual provision to do so and that is highly unlikely.
                  Oh yeah and the entire debt has been assigned to them absolutely and it doesn't sound as though that has happened either.

Comment

Ok just an update on what has been going on re CABOT

They have not replied to any of my emails asking for proof it (and it really isnt my debt)

With call credit I raised a the issue about cabot and call credit after 28 days had recieved no answer from them either and have now SUPPRESSED THE INFO on my credit report so info does not show up on report,

Now experian and equifax have now had entries made on my credit report with them so its come off of one and now being reported on theese 2 agencies.

I have raised the issues with them telling them I no nothing about the debt and now I have to wait 28 days to see if cabot answer them.
                    Last edited by andy5andy; 12th February 2011, 11:56:AM. Reason: well

Comment

In my own humble experience, the only chance you might have of getting Cabot to remove defaults is through the courts. Either you take them to court, or wait until they take you to court. Either way, you will never persuade the feckless monkeys to do it otherwise.

Look at it this way. It might be somewhat refreshing not being able to get credit for a while, and having to use cash. Works for me. AND my alleged debt with these donkeys is now Statute Barred, which in Scotland means totally extinguished.

In their favour, Cabot seem to recognise this and have removed my defaults at the 5 year point. Are they starting to learn lessons? One can only hope.
                      My Blog
                      http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by andy5andy View Post
                        Ok just an update on what has been going on re CABOT

They have not replied to any of my emails asking for proof it (and it really isnt my debt)

With call credit I raised a the issue about cabot and call credit after 28 days had recieved no answer from them either and have now SUPPRESSED THE INFO on my credit report so info does not show up on report,

Now experian and equifax have now had entries made on my credit report with them so its come off of one and now being reported on theese 2 agencies.

I have raised the issues with them telling them I no nothing about the debt and now I have to wait 28 days to see if cabot answer them.
                        If, it really is not your debt.
                        And you receive no satisfactory response(s)/action from the Credit Reference Agencies (CRA's).

Report the matter to the Information Commissions Office (ICO):
                        http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/data_protection.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                          And you receive no satisfactory response(s)/action from the Credit Reference Agencies (CRA's).

Hi my next course of action is to do just this.

Equifax say they feel sorry for me but cabot wrote this and sent to equifax

We are awaiting for vanquis to serch their archives about this defult and we emailed the customer (ME) TELLING HIM THIS AND THAT he SHOULD CONTACT CABOT. To arrange a payment for this debt.

I told equifax not my debt and why can they put info on my file but alas equifax said they can only feel sorry but have to put this on file and that i should take it further and that cabot had emailed me about the default, I assured equifax they never and I have asked equifax to send me copy of the response from cabot to me.

I also asked equifax if I could put a note on my file stating :

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post

Hi my next course of action is to do just this.

Equifax say they feel sorry for me but cabot wrote this and sent to equifax

We are awaiting for vanquis to serch their archives about this defult and we emailed the customer (ME) TELLING HIM THIS AND THAT he SHOULD CONTACT CABOT. To arrange a payment for this debt.

I told equifax not my debt and why can they put info on my file but alas equifax said they can only feel sorry but have to put this on file and that i should take it further and that cabot had emailed me about the default, I assured equifax they never and I have asked equifax to send me copy of the response from cabot to me.

I also asked equifax if I could put a note on my file stating :

I know nothing about this debt and have sent cabot several request of signed documents which they do not have .

I have found this company to be illegally putting false information on my file and using bullying tactics and lieing to credit reference agencies about information without no proof and they are causing me problems and being made to look a bad risk the company needs investigating.

Equifax have refused to put this on unless i edit it big time .

Comment

response from cabot showing part of letter is this fact or are they wrong please advice

In light of the concerns you have raised, we contacted Vanquis to obtain additional information pertaining to your account. Vanquis has forwarded Cabot a copy of the original terms and conditions and the application details that were provided with the credit card and welcome pack initially sent to you. I have enclosed this documentation for your perusal and must advise you that as this account was opened online, there is no signed credit agreement. Therefore, the information provided is sufficient to justify the existence of this debt in your name.

In relation to your concerns regarding our reporting and processing of your data and your reference to section 10 of the Data Protection Act 1998, please be advised that Cabot is legally entitled and obligated under the original credit agreement signed and entered into with the original lender, which has been sold to the Cabot Financial Group, and under the Schedule 2 paragraphs 1-4 of Data Protection Act 1998 to process and store your information.

As a result, I must inform you that we shall continue to process your personal data in order to perform the credit agreement, which you consented and agreed to. Furthermore, the processing of your information, including providing details of your credit agreement to the credit reference bureaux, is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the Cabot Financial Group, the credit reference bureaux and other lenders in the industry to safeguard and ensure responsible lending in the industry.

Last edited by andy5andy; 15th July 2011, 09:56:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X