• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What do I do now about Cabot Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do I do now about Cabot

Burger I hate when that happens.
    My connection fell over just as I was trying to post.

Basically I was agreeing with everyone else and the fact of leave off the "without prejudice" part as you would not be able to use it in court IF they were dumb enough yo file action.

Comment

Yep agree, have taken it off original now
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Again, sorry to bother you but do i sign the letter or just put my name, I think i read something on here about not signing.

When I send the letter should it be by recorded delivery, just to make sure they get?

Comment

NEVER sign a letter to a DCA using handwriting.

Simple print your name with a fancy handwriting font.

Some DCA's have been known to be happy with photoshop, allegedly

Comment

Thanks Curlyben, should it go by recorded delivery?

Comment

I would, then theres no stressing whether they received it.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you, just off to post it now, will let you know if I hear anything back off them.

Comment

Re: What do I do now about Cabot Fiancial

Well After sending the letter in Amethyst's post, I have just had the 5th letter from Cabot, saying to ring them urgently and speak to one of there helpful customer advisors about my account, nothing about it being statute barred or not contacting me again, so were do I go from here?

Comment

File it under I for Ignore.

Comment

will do, thanks Sapphire.

Comment

Why not try a new tack? Email them and tell them that their system appears to be in need of a helping hand. It obviously doesn't recognise dates too well, so you are very kindly informing them that the account, even if a debt MAY have existed, which you deny in any case, has now passed the date by which they may make an attempt at collection by virtue of the Limitation Act 1980.

Ask him to please acknowledge within 7 days that they will suspend all collection activity, otherwise you will be forced to complain further to the relevant statutory bodies.

Only do so if you are up for a bit of fun at Cabot's expense, obviously.

Willem Wellinghoff's yer man. wwellinghoff@cabotfinancial.com

Might as well copy it to Uncle Ken as well. kmaynard@cabotfinancial.com
                        My Blog
                        http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Hi Luggerbugs, will that not inflame them more, also it would reveal my email address to them which they dont have at the moment.

Comment

Re: What do I do now about Cabot Financial

Of COURSE it will inflame them. That is the whole point. They have bought a Statute Barred supposed debt which they cannot enforce, so you may partake of any amount of lawful japery at the expense of Willum's blood pressure.

You might even get to play with their bestest buddies, Ruthbridge. If THEY get involved, I suggest the first thing you say to them when they phone is, "Please stop calling, otherwise my insane urge to blow a very loud whistle each time you phone will kick in."

Then go and buy a very loud whistle.

As for email... Hotmail, Yahoo, et al are very handy.

Up to you though. Cabot baiting is not for everyone.
                            My Blog
                            http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X