• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Financial

Hi, I've stumbled across this website tonight because I am in court (Scotland) tomorrow for a hearing against Cabot Financial. They are chasing me for a debt of 2 separate credit cards from NewDay. I have requested all the info from their solicitors, I only recieved a notice of assignment and 1 Cabot letter welcoming me as a customer. No default, no deed of assignment. I am not that confident about what to say in court, my main defence is that I did not enter in to any agreements with Cabot, I am not familiar with courts though and don't know what to say or avoid saying. For example I would love to point out that the company are basically scammers who prey on vunerable people, I would love to mention that it's widely known that they only pay about 10% of the debt to buy it and then chase you for the full amount, am I allowed to say this??

Are there any circumstances that I could actually win?

Also - if I lose then what is likely to happen next?

I'm looking for tips on what to say and how to act.

I have not a clue what I'm walking in to tomorrow, I don't think these debt companies scare me any more though, I have the letter from the court with the hearing date, my defence and the correspondence from Cabot's solicitor, is there anything else I need?
    I'm really praying that someone reads this and can offer a little help or support, I'm worried about messing it up*

Thanks for listening*
    Tags: None

I have to go in a few hours, any advice is appreciated

Comment

Did you ask for a copy of the agreement under the consumer credit act s78 and did they provide it ?

Newday can assign debt to Cabot ( or other debt purchasers) - sadly although a bit annoying it isn't really relevant how much they pay for the account and accusing them of being scammers won't help you in court. You can say you haven't *received notice of assignment or evidence of such from the original creditor ( Newday) ... possibly that you aren't sure what the debt is ( Newday do a Number of different branded credit cards and credit store accounts )

Dont know any of the background but raise the lack of the agreement and terms, no breakdown of the amount owed and how it's been calculated - if you don't recall signing an agreement or applying for credit say that, that you haven't received a default notice and weren't given opportunity before the claim to work out of the claimed amount was legitimate ..

Have you entered any argument / defence to court ? If so what ? *or is this the return date so you're just trying to show you have a valid dispute over the claim and should be allowed to obtain the information to consider your position regards defending the claim.

also how much is the claim for ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I can definitely assist you with this if you can let me know first of all what happened today? Is it a simple procedure case?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X