• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyd’s sold debt to Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyd’s sold debt to Cabot

Hi all looking for some more advice
    i received a letter from Lloyd’s Bank 03/08/2019 informing me they had sold my debt on to Cabot.
    i had done a s77 and a SAR to Lloyd’s
    the s77 came back with the agreement, terms and conditions but no default notice
    the SAR came back with the same info but again no default notice
    this loan was taken out in 2009 and is not statute barred as payments to the account have been paid recently.
    my question is should I do another s77 to Cabot or should I inform Cabot that Lloyd’s had not fully satisfied the outstanding s77 request as they have not provided the default notice.
    according to the SAR they sent out a default notice on 22/09/2009
    Also on the agreement it looks like the signature has been lifted from another document and placed on the agreement and part of the signature is missing but not sure if that’s because it’s a photo copy
    bomber99
    Tags: None

Any advice please as Cabot have started there phone calls

Comment

Any advice please as Cabot have started there phone calls

Comment

Amethyst Hi

would it be possible for you to look over the signatures on this agreement
        The agreement I have received came in the SAR I did with Lloyd’s and one of the signatures looks like it has been pasted on to the document. The signature has been made to look as though it has been signed over some wording, but were it has been photo copied it has left parts of the signature missing, but you can still read the letters & numbers under the missing parts of the signature.
        So basically what I am asking is, where the document has been scanned and there are breaks in the signature would that particular spot be blanked out ie no letters showing underneath the signature.

On the day I signed the agreement I also signed
        2 direct debts mandates, and 1 for insurance so 4 signatures in all
        The signature I feel has been pasted on is for the insurance, the 2 for the direct debit mandates are I would say are mine.
        The one for the agreement I would certainly say is a forged one. It certainly doesn’t have the feel and look of my signature which I was using at that time and continue to use.
        It looks as though they have tried to copy a signature from a previous agreement I had with Lloyd’s but even saying that it was a poor attempt .Obviously I do not want to post my signature in public so could I email them to you for your opinion

thank you

Comment

Course - admin@legalbeagles.info
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you Amethyst
            I will get paperwork together when I get in from work and send it over x

Comment

Amethyst
              hi Amethyst
              thank you and the team for looking over the signatures on the documents. I believe the team are of the same opinion as myself the signature in the agreement Box is a fake.

what are my options now, should I
              (1) complain direct to Lloyd’s Bank?
              (2) complain to another organisation to investigate?
              (3) I have sent a s77 request to Cabot so should I wait and see what Cabot send me in regards to the agreement?

​​​​​​​finally the team asked; ‘I wonder if you’d signed PPI section and missed the previous section so someone added it in after’.

That is a possibility but my thoughts are the whole document is a fraud

thank you you all for the time taken in helping me

bomber99

Comment

Hi Amethyst
                any advice on this would be greatly appreciated

bomber99

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump

hi amethyst
                    any thoughts or advice on what I should do regarding the signatures on the agreement please

Comment

Can anyone help with this

Comment

Bump

Comment

Hi all
                          after putting in a complaint to Lloyd’s regarding the signatures they have come back and told me they are unable to uphold my complaint. So now I will be taking it to the FSO

in their response letter they have informed me; In regards to the default notice you requested, we are unable to send a further copy of this as we do not hold a copy on file. Please accept my apologies for this. So my question is would Cabot as the new owner of the debt be able to enforce it without the default notice and would now be a good time to offer say 20% as a full and final settlement offer
                          thanks in advance for your responses

bomber99

Comment

Can anyone help please

Comment

Bump

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X