• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke / Cabot Financial (UK) Limited - New Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer Clarke / Cabot Financial (UK) Limited - New Court Claim

Hi,

I've received a new claim from Mortimer Clarke solicitors on behalf of Cabot issued 24 April 2019. They are claiming approximately 500 including fee and court costs.

The particulars of claim read:

"By an agreement between New Day Ltd Re Marbles & the Defendant on or around (2016 - I haven't included the full date) ("the agreement") New Day Ltd Re Marbles agreed to use the defendant with a credit card. The defendant failed to make the minimum payments due & the agreement was terminated. The agreement was signed to the claimant. The claimant therefore claims "

I have acknowledged the claim online and sent letters to the relevant parties using the guide and templates on here.

I will record my progress here in the hope it helps others who find themselves in a similar situation.
    Tags: None

Sounds like you are on top of things - do you know if the account defaulted ( for non payment etc ) or was actually terminated ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Sounds like you are on top of things - do you know if the account defaulted ( for non payment etc ) or was actually terminated ?
      Hi, I honestly don't know Amethyst. I'll see what they come back with.

Comment

I've checked my credit report and there is a default on the file for Cabot Credit Management Group Limiteddated
        21/09/2018.

Comment

Comment

That would be incredibly quick to have got to a court claim if the account only defaulted in September last year. Does a date of default show on the credit file ? I suspect that was earlier and September is when Cabot purchased the debt ( and started reporting to the Cra's) - their particulars don't give an assignment date.

Did your letters include a subject access request to New Day ? If not I'd do one of those too.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi, yes it definitely says 2018 and the Cabot entry with the same date they claim the account started.
              Attached Files

Comment

Blimey well they haven't hung about if that's true - do you recall getting any default notice / notice of assignment - or remember when you stopped payments ? It should come up in the documents you've requested in any case. As it was only opened in 2016 it is likely they will be able to comply with the cca request ( at some point ) so anything else you can use to draw doubt could help.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

I've not received any correspondence from New Day or Cabot and just an email from Mortimer Clarke asking me to confirm my personal details. They were sent the letters on 3 May 2019 so I have submitted my defence to the court. I don't want to miss the deadline.

Comment

Received today. Click image for larger version

Name:	60357896_1251683394987259_3183820275401621504_n.png
Views:	1
Size:	328.1 KB
ID:	1466518

Comment

I've been abroad for 6 and haven't had one letter on this matter during this time. I contacted the court and got the following reply.

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your email

I can confirm that this case is currently stayed, due to no response to your defence from the claimant within the permitted time scale.

The claimant would now have to make an application to lift the stay to proceed with this claim.

I hope this assists you with your query, but should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards
                      Sarah Shorter
                      CCBC/MCOL
                      Address:
                      County Court Business Centre
                      St Katharines House
                      21 27 St Katharines Street
                      Northampton
                      NN1 2LH

Comment

6 weeks

Comment

You can either wait and see if they apply to lift the stay once they find the documents ( they have successfully lifted stays after 4 years so it could drag on for a while - normally things that get stayed get lifted around 6-9 months later ) or you could apply to strike out the claim if they don't produce documents and proceed with the case within 14 days etc. They haven't plead default so you could use that in your application to strike. Really depends if you want to get it sorted or leave it to 'fate'. Or you could, if you wanted to, use the situation to negotiate a full and final settlement to get rid of it once and for all.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Inked67441938_363144571283844_78932127281840128_n_LI   brbrbrb.jpg
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1480068
                            Some good news this morning. They have decided to discontinue the proceedings.
                            Will they now have to delete the entry from my credit file?

Last edited by Donel361; 4th August 2019, 11:13:AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	67518147_1356052664547968_2450040428733399040_n.jpg
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1480002

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X