• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim - Cabot Financial / Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a no xx Have a lovely ( sunny ) Easter weekend too xxxxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Guys. So I haven't heard anything back regarding my defence other then a letter acknowledging that they have received the defence and it is on hold their end. What happens now? Newday (Aqua) have sent the SAR documents. Thanks

Comment

Amethyst - I still have not had anything other then the above, do I just wait?

Comment

Anything interesting in the SAR ? ( default notice : agreement etc ?)

You could give court a ring after the month from filing your defence is up to see if they have heard back from the claimant and check the status of the case.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst Sorry for the delay, I received last week a letter from Cabot Financial stating,

"We have been unable to get the information requested from the original lender. If this information ever becomes available to us we will complete your request, but until we are able to supply this your account is unenforceable. This means we are not permitted to obtain a judgement or decree against you in Court, but we can still request that you repay your outstanding balance. We will still try to contact you to help you repay this outstanding balance. If this account is on your credit file it can affect your ability to get credit, obtain a mortgage or a mobile phone contract. Repaying this account could have a positive effect on your credit file as it will show that you are making regular payments. We would like to talk to you about a Personal Payment Plan where you can arrange to repay your account at a rate that you can afford. For more information on what could happen now that we've been unable to reply to your CCA request there is further information available on the National Debtline website on their 'Credit agreements - getting information' factsheet."

What are the next steps now? Should they have advised the court of this and this claim should now be closed? If I repay could they still give me a CCJ or is that now not possible?

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X