• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA credit card debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wat View Post

Thank you for your reply.
    It is greatelyappreciated.
    Thank you/
    Kind Regards,
    WAT
    Dear Amethyst,

A new developement, MBNA credit card
    Ruthbridge wrote and said that they are passing the case back to Cabot F
    Now Cabot F has sent a letter to say that #
    "Thank you for your request for information under section 77-79of the consumer credit act 1974. Unfortunately we currently do not have the relevant information on file, so we will be reqesting a copy of the credit agreement and terms and conditions from your original lender as well as statement of your account. This may take some time, but we will write to you within the next 12 days with an update.
    For information on what to expect from making a cca reqest there is further information available on the National Debt line website on their Credit agreements- getting information factsheet.#

However I have made a CCA request before ( Apr 2018) to Cabot and they had already replied ( Apr 2018 and Dec 2018) to say that the the debt was unenforceable until they able to supply the information reqested, but the debt is outstanding.
    Also they wrote that they are not able to obtain a judgment or decree against me in court , but they can still request to pay the outstanding balance.

The only corrospondance I had on my part was to request the CCA information, and never an acknowledged of any debt owed.

It would be greately appreciated if you could kindly advice me further.
    Thanking You,
    WAT
    /04/2019

Comment

Amethyst for info
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

When was the credit card taken out?

Comment

Get a subject acess request from MBNA.

Comment

However I have made a CCA request before ( Apr 2018)
            Wat sloane82 says, Wat.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

How much is the debt for?

Comment

Originally posted by wat View Post

Dear Amethyst,

A new developement, MBNA credit card
                Ruthbridge wrote and said that they are passing the case back to Cabot F
                Now Cabot F has sent a letter to say that #
                "Thank you for your request for information under section 77-79of the consumer credit act 1974. Unfortunately we currently do not have the relevant information on file, so we will be reqesting a copy of the credit agreement and terms and conditions from your original lender as well as statement of your account. This may take some time, but we will write to you within the next 12 days with an update.
                For information on what to expect from making a cca reqest there is further information available on the National Debt line website on their Credit agreements- getting information factsheet.#

However I have made a CCA request before ( Apr 2018) to Cabot and they had already replied ( Apr 2018 and Dec 2018) to say that the the debt was unenforceable until they able to supply the information reqested, but the debt is outstanding.
                Also they wrote that they are not able to obtain a judgment or decree against me in court , but they can still request to pay the outstanding balance.

The only corrospondance I had on my part was to request the CCA information, and never an acknowledged of any debt owed.

It would be greately appreciated if you could kindly advice me further.
                Thanking You,
                WAT
                /04/2019

Good and as expected. File the letter away and if / when they come back with either another offer to settle or the agreement and enforcement threats then you can likely inform them of the statute barred status of the debt. I wouldn't respond at the moment though.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Get your subject acess request from MBNA not Cabot or Ruthbridge and check what the amount was for if you had ppi and how much the debt was and make a complaint to the financial ombudsman service.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X