• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice needed please - Mortimer Clarke / Cabot / Tesco

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    You didn't attend a hearing in April last year did you ?
    by telephone or otherwise ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	8EFD08C2-2407-4C01-9A32-482362DAFFED.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	1506972
    Hi Amethyst, yes I did, in person but they phoned in.* They still hadn't provided the agreement or assignment so the Judge said the paperwork would have to be provided again by May 24th, Mortimer Clarke sent the 'application form' again and the assignment that was almost totally redacted and did not have any information on in relation to me.* I wrote back pointing this out and heard nothing else until now

Comment

Ahhhh okay I'd missed that that had happened.

Not much point as yet as their claims struck out but if it is reinstated worth checking back on that order and comparing exactly what was ordered vs what they have supplied.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ahhhh okay I'd missed that that had happened.

Not much point as yet as their claims struck out but if it is reinstated worth checking back on that order and comparing exactly what was ordered vs what they have supplied.
        Will do, thanks Amethyst

Comment

Hi Amethyst, I have received this today from the Court.* I'm guessing they can still object or just file a new claim .....
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice of the Judge

Yes they can object, so sit tight a while.

They can't just file a new claim though - they would need permission to do so and give very good reason why - it couldn't just be on the same facts.

Weird thing to do to put in the order for the court to reimburse the application costs ( I suppose they are saying it's the courts fault they were struck out for non payment so the court should pay, but it is the claimant who didn't pay so sticky wickets there )

Attached img of docs save others needing to unzip files.

Attached Files
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Well it's fair to say that is not how to draft an application for relief from sanctions. I would say that their application sunk itself without any help from anyone else
              I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Nice of the Judge

Yes they can object, so sit tight a while.

They can't just file a new claim though - they would need permission to do so and give very good reason why - it couldn't just be on the same facts.

Weird thing to do to put in the order for the court to reimburse the application costs ( I suppose they are saying it's the courts fault they were struck out for non payment so the court should pay, but it is the claimant who didn't pay so sticky wickets there )

Attached img of docs save others needing to unzip files.
                It's unbelievable that they can just keep objecting, when it was their error, suppose they'll continue to object so I won't be heaving a sigh of relief any time soon, thanks Amethyst

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X