• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Financial

Need some advice regarding Cabot
    Tags: None

what are the details give information for responses, = welcome

Comment

Wescot, Apex and Cabot from 2012 have been writing to myself regarding an alleged debt to Marks and Spencer credit card. I have never had a credit card from Marks and Spencer. I have send many letters including CCA Requests, CPR 31.14 Requests, pre action letters and so Cabot are the only ones to keep writing and ignoring all my letters.

Comment

Wescot was fishing for my DOB and last address before responding to my letters, Cabot went straight in for the kill.

Comment

Originally posted by richie0522 View Post
          Wescot, Apex and Cabot from 2012 have been writing to myself regarding an alleged debt to Marks and Spencer credit card. I have never had a credit card from Marks and Spencer. I have send many letters including CCA Requests, CPR 31.14 Requests, pre action letters and so Cabot are the only ones to keep writing and ignoring all my letters.

M&S changed some store cards to credit cards without notice ( and which means you can defend any case brought )
          Did you have a Store Card with M&S ? Did you ever have a Personal Reserve account with M&S ?

Send a SAR to M&S to find out the facts.
          M&S Bank, PO Box 10565, 51 Saffron Road, Wigston, LE18 9FT

Subject Access Request Letter

What is the current status of play with Cabot ? Have they sent you a pre-action letter or a court claim ?

Does this show on your credit file at all - or do you know the default date or date of last payment ? Presumably over 6 years if Westcot started writing to you in 2012.
          If so, whether it is statute barred or not will depend if you have paid any of the third parties anything, or if you have acknowledged the debt in writing.

Not sure why you'd have sent Cabot preaction or CPR letters if they haven't issued a court claim, so best to figure out exactly where things stand first.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No accounts with Marks & Spencer, Cabot have sent me statements with my address on, the dates on the statements are from 10 years ago.Theses statements are false because the address shown is not the address I was living at. Considering how many letters I have written Cabot are the only ones which still is chipping away.

Comment

do not tell them they have the wrong address for now

Comment

Cabot have provided copies of statements from 10 years ago for an address that you did live at but not at the time the statements were produced ? or an address you've never lived at ? ( not like a misspelling or wrong flat actual completely unrecognised address ?)
                Have you told Cabot it's statute barred as well as disputing you ever had the account ?

Send a SAR to M&S

Youre already in communication with Cabot telling them youve never had an M&S account and asking for evidence of such and they've replied with the statements ?
                Any sign of an agreement or application details ?
                Anything on your credit file at all ?
                Do the statements show actual transactions for purchases in store / online etc ?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Cabot have not provided one drop of evdince that I have taken this credit card. T
                  old them it's Statute Barred, Ignored. Ask for credit aggrement, ignored.
                  All requests about this alleged debt ignored.
                  There are transactions on the statements like online ones and shops etc.
                  They are all false and I have nevr ever lived at the address they got on the statements.
                  Keep sending me letter like we are willing to work with you for a solution.
                  They have been writng theses letters for 2 years now and they will not give up.
                  4 other DCAs all owed by Cabot have tried in the past but gave up really quickly.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X