• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed with Cabot and Mortimer Clarke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortimer letter received 10 12 18 (first three pages only). Rest of the attached is mainly very similar questions as the Court Claim Form asked plus loads of ways of how to pay them. Somehow I sort of get the impression that Mortimers are no more than another branch of collection agents in the group of Cabot companies judgeing by their opening hours rather than actual real life solicitors that you would want to sort your will for you. How many solictors do you know that open 8 to 8 weekdays and Saturday mornings (no offence Sharon)....smiles.

Page One:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mortimers Letter Received 10 12 18 P1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1440321

Comment

Page Two:

Name:	Mortimers Letter Received 10 12 18 P2.jpg
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	1440323

Comment

Page Three:

Name:	Mortimers Letter Received 10 12 18 P3.jpg
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	1440325

Comment

That's all for now Sharon and have a great Christmas and Happy New Year. The same to anyone else reading this.
          Last edited by Buds321; 19th December 2018, 21:44:PM.

Comment

Edited to delete duplicate Image.

Comment

Very Weird letters to have sent after they've already issued court action and you've defended.... arse/elbow.

Ahhh actually page 1 is the actual letter and page 2/3 and the rest are them 'evidencing' that they did send a letter before claim ? maybe? who knows.... nothing to worry about though - nothing actually evidencing their claim.

MC are 'part' of Cabot indeed... and no I don't think they do anything other than these kind of claims for Cabot. They are a bonafide solicitors firm though.

Hope you have a lovely Christmas.... I suspect the claim will just be put on a stay (on hold due to no reply from MC/Cabot) by the court early January xx
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Sharon,

I trust that you and yours plus anyone else reading this other than you know who x 2 had a great Christmas.

Many thanks again for your input.

The rest of the pack that M's sent is mainly a 'scary' what will happen if you get a CCJ and how you will be banned from society forever as a Leper, an Income and Ougoings Form plus lots of ways that you can pay M directly cos they are really nice people who really want to help you as much as they can to pay off the debt. Or more likely having done so show that you have accepted the debt as yours. Game set and match???

If it's any help to you Sharon for your future reference I will scan and email directly to you the rest of the pack that they sent which in my opinion indicates to me that they are no more than an extended collection arm or division of the Cabot group of companies albeit they front as a firm of Solicitors to scare the you know what out vulnerable people. You have my email to contact me directly if they will be of any future use to you.

Cheers for now and you all have a great New Year.

P. x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X