• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ccj help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccj help

Hi guys, need some advice please?
    i applied for a tenancy and was turned down due to a CCJ I didn't even know I had, went to an old address. Original loan was in 2006 and apparently went to court in 2016. I attach a letter after email to the court. I offered to pay solicitors £40 per month it's for Cabot yet again. Any help would be great. Thanks John
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

So you found out you had a ccj against you for a loan opened in 2006 - do you know when it defaulted ?

It had been issued at an old address and a default judgment awarded against you in 2016.

When you found out you emailed/wrote to the court ( not a formal application on form n245 with a fee/ remission forms?) and stated your circumstances and offered payment of £40 a month to the ccj ?

The court took your letter as an application, and dismissed it on 29th August.

Have you spoken to or heard anything from Cabot ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      So you found out you had a ccj against you for a loan opened in 2006 - do you know when it defaulted ?

It had been issued at an old address and a default judgment awarded against you in 2016.

When you found out you emailed/wrote to the court ( not a formal application on form n245 with a fee/ remission forms?) and stated your circumstances and offered payment of £40 a month to the ccj ?

The court took your letter as an application, and dismissed it on 29th August.

Have you spoken to or heard anything from Cabot ?

Looks to me as if that was an application from Cabot for an Attachment of Earnings against the OP?

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.

Not sure when it was defaulted but I'd imagine when I was moving so around 2014/2015.

I've heard from the solicitors of Cabot Restons Solicitors in Warrington. I paid them £40 instantly and filled the N245 in and sent it to the court. I had a call from the solicitors two days ago advising me that although I only have £150 income left every month I have been asked to pay £80 per month and lump sum of £200.

Admittedly I've overlooked this somehow and I'm prepared to pay it back etc.

Thanks for your assistance once again

Comment

Ok, so it was n245 application - the court dismissed the application but Cabot are saying due to details on the IE sheet with the application they want £80 a month ? ( if you did put everything on your IE sheet that's probs about right being half your 'spare' money )

Any issues that don't show on your IE sheet ?

It will of course stay on your credit file ( till 2022 - 6 yrs from the judgment) and the register regardless of whether you pay it monthly as you aren't applying to set it aside to defend it, but if you need to get the credit file improved so you can get a tenancy you'd have to settle the full claim so the ccj is marked as satisfied.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X