• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

cabot restons county court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi MIKE770 and Amethyst i have added here a letter i recieved from cabot and also my defence can you take a look and advise me please, as im really not sure what to put as my defense and think maybe something like this i need to submit a defense before monday thank you.
    Attached Files

Comment

my defense

In the Northampton County Court Business Centre

Claim No: [XXXXX]

[Claimants Name]

Claimant

And

[Defendants Name]

Defendant

DEFENCE

1.The defendant received the claim xxxxx from the County Court Business center Northampton on the 09/08/2018.

2.Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3.This claim appears to be for a Credit agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4.The particulars of claim are vague as to what the debt is for and to whom the original creditor was, the defendant has no knowledge of this debt to which the claim is refering and denies owing the debt.

5. On the 13/08/2018 the defendant sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimant’s statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Restons Solicitors . He requested the Claimant provide a copy of the contract mentioned in the particulars of claim, any default notice, a full statement of account and detail of the 'overdue balance' and the formal notice of assignment from New Day to the claimant.

6. Restons Solicitors has not provided any of these documents.

7.On the 13/08/2018 The defendant sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement Cabot Financial pursuant to section 77 or 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.

8.The Claimant has failed to comply with s77 (1) / s 78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s77 (4) / s 78 (6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

9. On the 31/08/2018 Cabot Financial responded to the request detailed in paragraph 7 which stated that they could not provide the required documents and that the credit agreement is considered unenforceable. The claimant states that they are is not permitted to obtain a judgement.

10. The defendant therefore requests the court orders the Claim should stand struck out.

11. The claim is denied in full.

Statement of Truth

The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signed ________________________________

Dated ________________________________

Comment

seems OK to me let Ame look at it also? Amethyst

Comment

I've edited it in your post ( sorry I meant to edit a copy but pressed the wrong button )

I have changed I and me to 'the Defendant' - you may need to put capitals in and double check I've done all the instances - you were swapping between first and third person through the defence, best to be consistent.

Otherwise no problems with it - I reworded a couple bits but only really grammatical changes
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

thank you,lol i did the same thing with my defense and managed to delete it, thats why its posted after cabot letter

Comment

MIKE770 Amethyst i actually tried to update my defense online from when i originaly filed defense and it wont let me log in, could this be because they have had to withdraw claim ? seems a bit strange.

update its ok i found it lol was at bottom of page as i already had filed my intent to defend :/ .

Comment

Ahhh - bit of a heartattack for a minute then .... glad you're sorted
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X