• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot / Mortimer Clarke - Threatening Letter ( i think )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good plan PT

YEs get a SAR off - I reckon Cabot, as they were the claimant in the alleged court case. MC just act for them.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello all,

just a slight update, i have had no letters off them since the previous one as mentioned a couple of posts above,. Wife has told me last few days somone there keeps calling on the phone, I have instructed my wife, NOT to have a conversation with them about anything, and for them to Write only,

I am guessing they are calling as they seem to be desperate and someone clearly wants to land some commission by trying to get this £5k debt fulfiled,

Am i right in saying to wife, tell em to WRITE only and hang up,

They are getting desperate arent they, We still have had no proof or evidence of a CCJ they so claim that wife had,

Q.

Comment

Cabot staff don't work on commission, but you're right, ask them to only communicate with you in writing. You sent the SAR off didn't you so they might be calling to check details for that.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

not heard anything back from the SAR - so i have sent another simple letter again today this time Recorded Delivery...

Comment

finally got a letter from CABOT replying to the SAR, is it right they are asking for proof of identity ? ie Passport or Driving Licence and proof of address, ie bill

Wont providing proof of her passport which is a dfferent surname, and "could" be the surname of the so called CCJ, wont this give them more ammunition to find out stuff, ? do we need to provide any proof of who she is, when they have clearly been sending her letter of this so called debt anyway ?

We have not had a letter from them regarding the debt for some time as they are "still looking into it " since my last one

Comment

I think it's in her interests to provide an ID document so that they can comply with the SAR and potentially investigate further- you want to know what this is and if there is a ccj in place to be sure there's not going to be any enforcement action taken without your knowledge ( like bailiff or charging order, attachment of earnings etc ) ... the ccj May only be recorded against her ex. Better to be in the picture in my opinion so you can work out if you need do anything to protect yourselves.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

ok, cheers, will do this, Also they are taking their time, hopefully they have given up on chasing £4898 which they certainly cannot proove

Comment

Hello All - finally got the SAR on CD - and after several calls for them to give the password to open files, Cannot see anything relating to an actual CCJ, no court ref, dates or codes, but one line does say Northampton CC - ( thats it ) i wonder if they just added that,

As this was a SAR request - their letter actually said - RE - Egg Loan £4898 - are they being cheeky here reminding us of this as this was a SAR request and nothing else,

Mind you, we have not heard from MC/Cabot for quite sometime chasing the debt, hope they have given up as they have nowhere to go ! ?

Amethyst any ideas ?
                  Last edited by Quasar911; 11th April 2019, 10:59:AM.

Comment

bump

Comment

I'd just leave it and see if they try following up... so far they have just sent that first letter saying there's a CCJ and since then have sent absolutely no evidence that a CCJ does exist. It wouldn't be on credit file or on trust online as it's over 6 years old so not a lot of point checking there. To apply to court to enforce any judgment they would have to provide court with a claim ref or evidence a judgment does exist. Your wife is just continuing with her £1 payments is she ? I'd guess if you stopped those it might chivvy some activity but up to you whether you want that or happy enough with the status quo.

Does this "Northampton CC" line say anything else at all on it? or literally just that stuck at the end of an activity list? Don't fancy their chances enforcing if that's all they have.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hello Amethyst thanks for the reply,
                        The northanmptoncc line just says that - no ref, no codes nothing, I believe she stopped paying the £1 a month as a previous/previous letter told us to start paying someone else and that payments have been stopped to whoever it was initially by themselves,

Comment

I'd stick to my original answer then, see what they do next, if anything.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X