• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds and Cabot v Del

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you got this list of payments they said you made between 2010 and 2014 ?

You checked your bank account didn't you and had nothing showing - and also you weren't in any debt management plan through that period.
    Lloyds refunded you directly in 2011 for missold PPI - but the 'debt' wasn't sold to Cabot until 2012. If there was a debt in 2011 then you'd expect Lloyds to have paid the refund of PPI off of the debt - possibly unless you were in some kind of an arrangement with them.

You can write an be a bit more forceful about it being statute barred, but until you have double checked you weren't paying token payments to Lloyds, or a third party for the Lloyds debt, as per the list of bank giro credits they claim I wouldn't want to push them too hard on it in case they decide to 'find' the agreement and evidence of where the payments were from and go to court.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Amethyst, the list of payment they sent me didn’t have any information other than my name written on the top of the page. I did not check my account as I had my account closed long before 2010.i however know very well I never paid anything to this account after I got paid for ppi. Lloyd’s refunded me directly in 2011 and yes, they said they sold the account to Cabot in 2012. Lloyds did not give any reason why this was done as they paid just over eleven thousands pounds for both my credit card and current account loan account. Before 2011, I did have some payment arrangements with Lloyd’s of which I stopped paying when I made an application for ppi.
      Before Lloyds made a payment for PPI back then, they wrote to me saying if I owed any money to them, they will deduct any money I owed them before making a payment. Does this mean I have to agree to pay this? If I do and I make an arrangement to pay this back, will they register this again?
      I am kind of lost in all this. PPI payment meant that the agreement of the account was void and any refund paid to me meant the account was closed for good as I was no longer using it. That’s how I see this. I have so far requested statements of all my old accounts from Lloyds.
      many thanks for your help with this.

Del001

Comment

Personally I would SAR Lloyds ( assume you've done that when you say requested statements?) and check other accounts you used before 2015. The list of £1 payments may or may not be a concern - if you do your own checks you know what grounds you have to argue the debt is statute barred. If there was any debt management plan either direct with Lloyds or through a third party - or you were just making token payments and for some reason any debt wasn't repaid by the PPI refund then you know you only have the lack of agreement to defend on. I'd do that before going back to Cabot to argue they should cease contacting you... else you may just push them to provide relevant documents and proceed trying to claim the debt from you.

All you know is that Cabot believe you were making £1 payments to the account up to 2014 and the method was bank giro credit. You can push Cabot for more evidence of those payments ( but if they do, and provide the agreement, your at square one and they'll claim the full debt ) .... but if you find out your position yourself, then if you find you did make payments you could consider negotiating a low settlement to get the debt settled while Cabot still don't have the background.... and if you find you did not and the debt is statute barred ( or was actually repaid with the PPI refund ) you can be confident in pushing back on them.

I hope that makes sense xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Many thanks for the advice. I asked Cabot a few months ago to provide proof of their claim. They said Lloyds didn’t provide them with any information but they still have the right to ask me to pay them. Yes, I have asked Lloyds to send me statements and all. I am now waiting for Lloyds to respond.

Many thanks
          Del001

Comment

Hello Amethyst,

Lloyds has told me that I did not apply for ppi on my credit card. I had the view that they paid ppi for this but it turns out they did not even though I applied for it at the same time.
            I know there is ppi money to be paid by Lloyds on this credit card as it was

Comment

Part of my current account. My question now here is, will applying for ppi now stop Cabot’s demands for me to pay this money?

many thanks in advance for the advice.
              Del001

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X