• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can a redacted bank statement be used as evidence?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a redacted bank statement be used as evidence?

We are making a claim to an employment tribunal over a dispute on wages paid by an employer and have an ET1 and are awaiting a date from the Courts and Tribunal Service for the hearing. A bank statement would appear to be the best way of showing what had been received? We would prefer to maintain the confidentiality of other transactions on the statement. If a redacted bank statement was submitted as evidence, would it be sufficient proof or could it be easily challenged?

The amounts on the payslips received from the employer do not reconcile with the payments made into the claimant's bank account.
    Tags: None

If you redact it, how do you propose to show that the redacted transactions are not from the employer?

Assuming you can get over that hurdle, you may get by with a redacted copy, although I would definitely bring the original along to any hearing (with a couple of copies).

Comment

I'd just say that this is an odd thing to have a tribunal hearing about. It's a matter of fact what you received. It's a matter of fact what was sent. If money has got lost in the banking system, it ought to be located and paid to you. If it was paid to the wrong account, then it was somebody's fault, which is again a factual matter. Surely, you should be cooperating with each other to determine what's gone wrong?

Comment

Thank you for your replies. The Courts and Tribunal Service have issued an ET1 so I must assume that the contents of the claim are considered as legitimate matters to be considered. There is a dispute as to the hours worked, the payslip record and the absence of holiday pay. A way of demonstrating what the claimant has received would be to submit bank statements as evidence. The bank statements also contain other transactions which are not relevant to the claim and are considered confidential by the claimant.

The question that you ask in your first reply is the question that I have asked myself and not come up with an answer, hence contacting Legal Beagles to receive, hopefully, some guidance.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X