• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I purchased an accident damaged car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I purchased an accident damaged car

Hi I purchased an accident damaged car as iit said on their website We sell category C, D and unrecorded salvage cars that are reasonably priced so you can get a better/ newer car for your money. Buying a salvage car will often work out a lot cheaper than you could buy the equivalent so saving you money.

He messaged me saying
    New message from: jkmotors123 (727)
    JKMotors (sw) ltd
    Carnemough Farm
    Grampound Road
    Truro
    Cornwall
    TR24EL
    United Kingdom

---------------------------------------------------------
    Hi I think this would make a great little runner for the money
    I can do 600 best on this
    Thanks

This was the car

Anyway I drove it back to my home 30 miles away and realised the clutch had gone so i emailed the seller and he said:

On 08/10/2019, 13:02 Joshua Davey <joshuapdavey@hotmail.com> wrote:
    Hi James.

As it was a damaged car we would at most driven it a couple hundred meters around the yard. sorry to hear the clutch is not good we wouldn't of intentionally sold it without telling you.

You should be able to tax in the post office using a v62 application form. (they should do it over the counter no problem)

Thanks

Joshua Davey

JKMotors (sw) Ltd

So I replied:15/10

Hi Josh

I understand but as I have only driven it home to Penzance and then also just recently to St Just it started overheating and mounts Bay Coaches had a look at it and told me the head gasket had also gone

Would you be honourable and let me swap for another car i can borrow a couple of hundred by the end of the month to add to it?

I would be happy to buy all my cars from you as and when required.

You may recall my message on ebay. I haven't had a car for a year and this is my first car after being able to drive again.

Thanks

James
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 2008 Suzuki Swift 1.5 ( 101bhp ) GLX DAMAGED SPARES OR REPAIR SALVAGE at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!
    Tags: None

Has he not responded to that ?

His listings state Sold as Seen

Cat N, Due to Drivers/Passenger front damage
    has done 120,202 miles.
    starts and drives
    MOT - 05/03/2020

Call xxxxxxxxx for more info

Can arrange delivery @ £1 + vat per mile one way (will require cleared funds before delivery)
    Delivery will be within 5 working days.

Starts and drives for loading purposes
    I always recommend trailering damaged vehicles away.
    ANY VEHICLE SOLD ARE SOLD AS SEEN WITH NO WARRANTY. DESCRIPTION IS A GUIDE ONLY. WE RECOMMEND VIEWING PRIOR TO PURCHASEING. WE RECOMMEND ANY DAMAGED VEHICLE TO BE TRAILERED FROM OUR SITE. ANY DAMAGED VEHICLE DRIVEN IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    des8
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Has he not responded to that ?

His listings state Sold as Seen

des8
      Hi Amethyst and thanks so much for your swift reply, Yes I know what you mean , his comments saying i think it will make a great little car kinda sold it me.

He hasn't replied so I have just sent him a follow up email.

What are your thoughts on this?

Best wishes

Comment

You got the car for £600 - generally they go around £1500? So that's the risk really, whether you can fix it and still have it come in at less than you could have bought the same car in decent condition for. Clutch & Head Gasket ? What have you been quoted to sort it out?

That's the risk of buying sold as seen spares/repairs/salvage vehicles. I'd only ever do it if I could fix it myself and had access to parts/mechanics etc else it's always going to cost you as much to buy and fix up as it would have been to get a decent condition car initially.

Far as I know he has no liability to you, and so you are appealing to his good nature really.

Just my opinion though so wait for others input xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          You got the car for £600 - generally they go around £1500? So that's the risk really, whether you can fix it and still have it come in at less than you could have bought the same car in decent condition for. Clutch & Head Gasket ? What have you been quoted to sort it out?

That's the risk of buying sold as seen spares/repairs/salvage vehicles. I'd only ever do it if I could fix it myself and had access to parts/mechanics etc else it's always going to cost you as much to buy and fix up as it would have been to get a decent condition car initially.

Far as I know he has no liability to you, and so you are appealing to his good nature really.

Just my opinion though so wait for others input xxx
          See it was sold due to being accident damaged and i thought ok I can live with that because of the body damage and its only aesthetic ..................but it wasnt.

Thanks

Comment

You purchased a vehicle advertised "for spares or repair" and "starts and drives for loading purposes".

The vehicle was purchased, never the less, as a vehicle to be used with light body work damage, and other than that should be satisfactory.
            The faulty clutch (what is that fault?) makes the car unsatisfactory

The blown head gasket might be another problem, but you drove home 35 miles without noting any overheating.
            You only had that problem driving 7 miles at a later date.
            Perhaps it gave up after purchase

I think you may be able to reject the car using rights bestowed by the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Whether or not a court would agree is another matter, but it might be worth mentioning to JK that you are thinking about court if they won't allow you to trade up.

Comment

Thanks for your advice, yes the clutch over rides when driving so over revs if that makes sense.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X