• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MCOL particulars of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCOL particulars of claim

Hi,
    I am currently in the process of completing a money claim online against a trader for poor services and faulty good, in line with the consumer rights Act 2015.

I have sought some advice and carried out all Pre claim actions and letters to no satisfactory outcome. However I am unsure on how to fill out the form online in relation to the particulars of claim. It appears to want a set amount to be claimed per issue. For instance would I write £100 for the damaged floor to be replaced and then within the next box £150 for damaged wall to be repaired? or are they looking for a similar set out to the pre court letter in which I detailed that the wall was incorrectly constructed in my opinion and therefore unsafe? anything else?

I have not found the official guidance notices very useful. I think it is a new layout/screen.

many thanks in advance
    Tags: None

What web link are you using, is it https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

or https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi,
      Thank for you taking the time to reply. I have used the .Gov site so far.

Comment

Make a money claim online site second link. Sorry

Comment

There is the actual particulars of claim after you've filled in the amounts - pages 6 / 7 if attached pdf - so if you can breakdown the amount you are claiming into damage to floor ... damage to wall ... put that in amounts otherwise just put your overall figure less any interest/court costs then do your particulars

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/fil...tch?id=1433640
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ok, that makes sense, thank you

Comment

The new money claim portal is pants, I think the older version still works and is more simplistic so if you havne't already paid fees you could abandon that and sign up to the old MCOL service and go from there. As I said it's simpler and also limitations on the character limit (1048 or something like that) but you have the opportunity to provide separate detailed particulars if you wanted within 14 days after the claim has been served on the defendant.

If you plan on sticking with the newer version, I would suggest in the claim box you number your paragraphs for ease of reference. Keep it concise and only refer to key points that are relevant - enough to enable the defendant to understand the case against him/her but now a full blown JK Rowling book.
              If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER
              Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Ok that is great advice thank you. I have not completed the claim yet therefore I will have a look at the older version. Many thanks for your guidance.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X