• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

error on money claim submission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error on money claim submission

Hi all,

My first time on these forums so hello.

I've just submitted a money claim to the county court via the online form, however in my haste it appears that I made some typos with dates on the timeline, entering 2007 instead of 2017 for the first entry.

I'm now concerned I've messed the whole claim up.

Can anyone tell me how important the accuracy of the timeline is? Apparently I can correct it of I pay a £100 fee, but I've no idea exactly how to do it or if it's necessary.

Can anyone advise?

Starts
    31st March 2019 20:00:PM
    Tags: None

If it has already been served on the other party then you would need the court's permission to amend it - https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...l/rules/part17 . If it's just been input today it won't have been served yet but how you would actually amend it I don't know. MCOL deems service to be 5 days after the claim has been created, https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...t07/pd_part07e.

Comment

How to amend statement of case:https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...practicalities

Comment

Thanks for the information guys - it was filed on Friday so it sounds like I need to act fast. Surely paper forms will not be fast - there must be a faster way - it was submitted online after all.

As for the importance of the timeline dates, can anyone comment?

Comment

Try contacting the court:

Practice Direction 7E:
          Claims started using Money Claim Online will be issued in the County Court Business Centre and will proceed at the County Court Business Centre unless they are sent to a County Court hearing centre. The address for filing any document, application or request (other than one which is filed electronically in accordance with this practice direction) is the County Court Business Centre, St Katharine's House, 21-27 St Katharine's Street, Northampton, NN1 2LH, DX 702885 Northampton 7, fax no. 0845 6015889.

Tagging Amethyst who probably of more help

Comment

Is the date error fatal ? Or is the defendant likely to say , no it's 2017 and you say, yes you're right, and carry on from there?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Is the date error fatal ? Or is the defendant likely to say , no it's 2017 and you say, yes you're right, and carry on from there?
              I'd have thought they would, yes - however in review I'm now thinking I've made multiple errors - I'd appreciate some perspective on them.

The date errors are (should be) an obvious typo, there is one ten years in the past and one a year in the future (not yet occurred) - both are clarified by the documentation they refer to, which is dated.

I've also now noticed I've referred to some documentation/ a technical report as "expert witness" as that's what the drop-down box hint eluded to when I read it (as a layman) - however it's just a report, no expert is going to attend and I'm thinking it should have been "Letters, emails and other correspondence".

Some advice greatly appreciated.

Comment

Oh dear ... with the new system claims are issued immediately so your defendant is going to receive the claim with the errors in - indeed if you included the defendants email address the claim is emailed when you submit the claim.
                So, if it is wrong you would need to apply to amend.

Have you got the copy of the claim ?

Like this... https://legalbeagles.info/forums/fil...7&d=1537101177

Can you post it up ( just screenshot and use paint to redact personal bits ) ... and we can see what/where you have gone wrong and if you need to amend.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Have you got the copy of the claim ?

Like this... https://legalbeagles.info/forums/fil...7&d=1537101177

Can you post it up ( just screenshot and use paint to redact personal bits ) ... and we can see what/where you have gone wrong and if you need to amend.
                  I'm reluctant to post it as the defendant could easily identify the form due to it's general pattern, I've sent it privately to you Amethyst - I hope that is OK.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X