• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

duplicate CCJ letter help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duplicate CCJ letter help

Hi,

I am looking for in how I compose a letter to Lowell Group (solicitors) .

a little bit of background. i ran into financial difficulty on a halifax account with an overdraft subsequently i received a ccj for this in 2012.

In 2015 I subsequently received another CCJ (unbeknown to me for the same debt)

I have contacted the court and they have given me the creditors and i have chased back as far as i can go .

in 2012 HBOS passed to Wescott and they CCJ'D for account number ending 5775

in 2015 Lowel CCJD for account number ending 5775.

I seem tobe going round in crircles as Lowel have stated to me that they have investigated and that they have acted correctly. I have asked them to investigate for me but they dont seem to be wiling to do this.

so my only option now is either legal advice where i really havent got a clue where to go with, i have contacted Citizens advice who then pass me to national debtline and then i seem to go round in circles basically not resolving anything. or write a letter to Lowell at director level .

i need help in composing this letter and didnt know if any templates were available .

thanks
    Tags: None

Re: duplicate CCJ letter help

Hi,
    Have you checked the Registry Trust ( Trust Online ) to confirm both CC claims went through to judgement?

nem

Comment

Hi Ruthb1

Are you certain they both refer to the same debt?

I ask because, some time ago, I was helping someone with their debts. I sorted them into piles according to the ref no, looking at the last few numbers. On closer examination I saw that, although the last few numbers on one of the piles was the same, the preceeding numbers were different. They both related to mobile phone contracts from the same company.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi,

i have checked with all companies that they relate to the same sort code and account number but i have been given two Judgements under 2 different refernce numbers.

[QUOTE=charitynjw;661631 Ruthb1

Are you certain they both refer to the same debt?

I ask because, some time ago, I was helping someone with their debts. I sorted them into piles according to the ref no, looking at the last few numbers. On closer examination I saw that, although the last few numbers on one of the piles was the same, the preceeding numbers were different. They both related to mobile phone contracts from the same company.[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

hi ,

Ive never heard of this, what would this show me?
        Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        Hi,
        Have you checked the Registry Trust ( Trust Online ) to confirm both CC claims went through to judgement?

nem
        - - - Updated - - -

they both did go to Judgement as they both appear on my credit file and i have spoken to the court also.

Comment

The second judgment would need to be set aside. You should write to Lowell informing them the judgment was gained in error as the debt was already subject to a CCJ. Ask them to consent to the set aside.

You would need to give them evidence of the original CCJ - do you have any of the paperwork from this ? If not you could give the court a call and ask them for a copy of the Judgment letter, and possibly ask Westcot for confirmation of the CCJ being against the exact same account that Lowell have got a default judgment on. Basically you need something to show that a CCJ already exists, and that that CCJ is for the same debt. Once we have that we can put a letter together to send to Lowell and potentially apply to set aside the second judgment.

2012 HBOS passed to Wescott and they CCJ'D for account number ending 5775
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

no all i have got is the paperwork from the second judgement and reference numbers but both judgements, i have spoken to lowell and they didnt think that this was duplicated.

so if i contact the ourt and ask themfor the paperwork for the first judgement they will be able to provide me with this?

Comment

Yes they will, it depends who you get on the phone but they should be able to send you a copy of the original judgment order and possibly the original particulars of claim. There might be a charge for the information.

If they refuse then you can ask Westcot for the same ( I would leave that to 2nd though as the claim is still within 6 years for enforcement - not sure if you have actually made any payments off the CCJ with them, and don't want to encourage them into enforcement action if not necessary )

Otherwise you could send a Subject Access Request to HMCTS to get the information, but that's very slow and you're never guaranteed to get the info you need.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X