• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

cabot/restons old court claim advice needed please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cabot/restons old court claim advice needed please

hi guys could you give me some advice please as to what to do next. This is a bit long winded so ill try my best to keep it short.

Court claim received 24/12/14 regarding a shapley figures catalogue for the sum of 1766.90 including fees.
    I don't remember this catalogue but was opened april 07.

Cca request sent but nothing back.

12/1/15 received a letter from cabot stating they would get back to me in 40 days
    I then sent off my defence.
    11/2/15 I received a we cannot find ur cca so ur agreement is currently unenforceable.
    then nothing until may 2015 from restons saying account still on hold pending your cca request.
    then nothng again until august when restons sends me a list of transactions confirming a payment on account 30 may 2009
    the transaction list is just that a list photocopied no name and address or anything plus lots of items on there are duplicated plus for payment it just says standinging order
    how do I know that's my account???
    then today I have received another letter from restons basically saying that reviewing my account they see I haven't withdrawn my defence, nor has a payment arrangement been made. and would like payment within 30 days or possibility of a settlement without the need for this litigation to continue.

basically guys what do I do now do I ignore it or do I write back ive heard nothing back from the court as its over a year old also this default has now dropped off my credit file I don't know if that makes a difference.:tinysmile_cry_t:
    Tags: None

Re: cabot/restons old court claim advice needed please

Originally posted by flicky1314 View Post
    hi guys could you give me some advice please as to what to do next. This is a bit long winded so ill try my best to keep it short.

Court claim received 24/12/14 regarding a shapley figures catalogue for the sum of 1766.90 including fees.
    I don't remember this catalogue but was opened april 07.

Cca request sent but nothing back.

12/1/15 received a letter from cabot stating they would get back to me in 40 days
    I then sent off my defence.
    11/2/15 I received a we cannot find ur cca so ur agreement is currently unenforceable.
    then nothing until may 2015 from restons saying account still on hold pending your cca request.
    then nothng again until august when restons sends me a list of transactions confirming a payment on account 30 may 2009
    the transaction list is just that a list photocopied no name and address or anything plus lots of items on there are duplicated plus for payment it just says standinging order
    how do I know that's my account???
    then today I have received another letter from restons basically saying that reviewing my account they see I haven't withdrawn my defence, nor has a payment arrangement been made. and would like payment within 30 days or possibility of a settlement without the need for this litigation to continue.

basically guys what do I do now do I ignore it or do I write back ive heard nothing back from the court as its over a year old also this default has now dropped off my credit file I don't know if that makes a difference.:tinysmile_cry_t:
    Hello Flicky,

Statements are Not a credit agreement?
    So it seems Restons are pulling a fast one again.

Here's a suggestion for a reply.

Ref: use those on their letter.

Sir/ Madam,

I am in receipt of your letter dated.........................., and the enclosed " statements ".

I am unable to accept that these statements refer to the alleged debt which is the subject of this claim and they are therefore refuted.

I also note that your client Cabot and or Restons feel I should withdraw my defence and make payments in regard to an alleged debt
    when no liability has been proved.

As I am sure you are aware unidentifiable statement for an unidentified account do not fulfil my CCA request made on...........................:

The alleged debt remains unenforceable and I now suggest that Restons advises it's client to discontinue this claim.

A report regarding the conduct of both Cabot and Restons in this matter if being forwarded to the FCA.

Yours etc.

If you use this send by signed for post.

nem

Comment

Aww thanks nem as always. I'll get it done today. Do u think it would be a good idea to ring the court and get it struck out now as its been over a year. Or shall I just leave it. Thanks for your help as always nem xxx

Comment

Aww thanks nem as always. I'll get it done today. Do u think it would be a good idea to ring the court and get it struck out now as its been over a year. Or shall I just leave it. Thanks for your help as always nem xxx
        Hi Flicky,
        Sorry to say you can't just ring the court and get a claim struck out, this would need a formal application plus court fee.
        Let's see what Reston. Carboot come up with if it's the same old Cr*p again then you can tell them you will apply for strike
        out and look to Cabot to meet the costs.

nem

Comment

Ok nem wasn't too sure how you do it. Well I'll post this off this afternoon and see what I get back. Thanks again Hun xx

Comment

[MENTION=29921]nemesis[/MENTION] received a letter from restons today it says:

Dear Madam
            We refer to the above matter and acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 27 January 2016 (ITS TAKEN THEM 3 WEEKS TO REPLY )

We do not understand why you do not accept the "list of transactions". it states the account number which correlates with the account number which is the subject of this claim.
            we confirm the account is still on hold pending compliance with your Consumer Credit Act 1974 request. Failing to comply with your request within the relevant time period only renders the account unenforceable until it can be complied with. As such, once the documents have been provided to you, these prceedings will continue. Our letter of 25 January 2016 simply invited you to put forward repayment proposals, should you be interested.
            We are still awaiting further documents from our client.
            yours faithfully blah blah

what should I write back or do I just ignore it until the can come back with something.

Comment

Bump any advice guys or should I just ignore it

Comment

Bump any advice guys or should I just ignore it
                Hello Flicky

It's a typical Cabot / Restons Con, " we want you to believe that statement which could easily
                have been " typed up" yesterday is an enforceable agreement..

A load of Bowlocks imo.

Comment

Haha ok nem thanks I'll just ignore it then lol I like how they took me to court over a year ago and still saying if we come up with the paperwork. Is it worth writing to them about getting it struck out and recovering the cost from them. X

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                    Hello Flicky

It's a typical Cabot / Restons Con, " we want you to believe that statement which could easily
                    have been " typed up" yesterday is an enforceable agreement..

A load of *Bowlocks imo.
                    *To be added to my dictionary of LB Technical Terms, lol!
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Haha ok nem thanks I'll just ignore it then lol I like how they took me to court over a year ago and still saying if we come up with the paperwork. Is it worth writing to them about getting it struck out and recovering the cost from them. X
                      I reckon so.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks nem is there a template letter I can send ? And thanks again for all your help xx

Comment

Thanks nem is there a template letter I can send ? And thanks again for all your help xx
                          Happy to help flicky

As suggested by Ame I would ignore but keep the letter in may come in useful later.

nem

Comment

Okie dokie will do. I'll keep u posted if anything else turns up. Thanks again amethyst and nemesis. Ur both a great help xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X