• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim 14/12/2015 DLC/mortimer Black horse debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court claim 14/12/2015 DLC/mortimer Black horse debt

Like many on this forum I recieved a claim on 14/12/2015 for a Black Horse debt. As with others it had been bought by hillesden/DLC and the claim soliciters were Mortimer clarkes.

Following the superb advice on this forum i acknowlwdged service online and sent off the CPA request and CPR letters to DLC and mortimers respectively. As a Back up I sent a subject access request to Blackhorse.

The debt was taken out in 2008 as a HP agreement and a default notice was served in march 2009. There has been no acknowledgement of the debt and certainly no payment made since that date (in fact last payment was in 2008!).

IMO the debt is clearly statute barred and the clowns are chancing it on me being a mug and paying up. Clearly thats never going to happen.

Now to the current state of play.

I had no reply from anyone as the date was coming up for submitting my defence so I submitted a statute barred defence using templates and examples from this forum.

The defence submission was acknowledged on the 18th in letter by the court.

Since then I have been awaiting letters to determine my next move.

Today i get two letters. One from Mortimer and my SAR from Blackhorse.

The letter from mortimers was pretty much the same as everyone elses on here, allowing me 28 day extension and also the usual rubbish fob off letter about me having already received the documents hence not being eligible to inspect them etc.

The SAR from Blackhorse was everything i could hope for, original agreement, EVERY letter theyve sent including default notice, annual statements showing NO payments and a full system screen print out.

The paperwork backs up my view of statute barred.
    Also as the CPA request has not been replied to, its unenforcable for that reason as well.

Now im thinking my way forward.

The paperwork is water tight IMO. The only play i can see them using is producing some fake document showing a payment after the debt was sold in 2011.

I could just wait and when the time comes, submit copies of the blackhorse paperwork to the court and just wait it out to see if the solicitors are dumb enough to continue or just quit then.

But Im thinking as ive got the proof i need now, is it worth me writing to DLC and Mortimers now pointing out my statute barred defence and with copies of the paperwork to prove it.? Idea being they might see sense and discontinue now rather than waste mine and the courts time.

If so does anyone have a template for such a letter I could hack and maim to suit my case??

Any advice would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Psycho Warren; 23rd January 2016, 01:16:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Court claim 14/12/2015 DLC/mortimer Black horse debt

Any advice?

Comment

Hi Warren.
      Im sure [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] will be here at some stage to help you as they always do.
      Would you mind in sharing the Blackhorse address you sent for your SAR request and how much you paid etc.
      Thanks

Comment

Have you informed court of the agreed 28 day extention?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Noxyd View Post
          Hi Warren.
          Im sure @nemesis45 and @Amethyst will be here at some stage to help you as they always do.
          Would you mind in sharing the Blackhorse address you sent for your SAR request and how much you paid etc.
          Thanks
          Sure the address i used was:

Black Horse Ltd
          St William House
          Tresillian Terrace
          Cardiff

CF10 5BH

Paid the statutory £10 fee by postal order.

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          Have you informed court of the agreed 28 day extention?
          yep done that and the court replied to my email about the extension.

So far no response to my CPA request either. Although clearly if i can get the original agreement on a SAR then they should be able to get the same service one would think? if they can be bothered?

Although if they do get all the paperwork i have, then they will surely clearly see its statute barred.

Comment

Thanks mate, I have a similar case and will do SAR to black Horse, is there a template some where of the SAR?

Comment

Originally posted by Noxyd View Post
              Thanks mate, I have a similar case and will do SAR to black Horse, is there a template some where of the SAR?

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ur-information

:yo:
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thank you :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Thats the template I used.

Black Horse literally gave me everything which is quite good really. Every copy of every letter, default notices, annual statements, internal system print outs, copy of original signed agreement etc.

You would think if they can give that to me, why havent hillesden/DLC/Mortimer got copies?
                  Incompetence?

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho Warren View Post
                    Thats the template I used.

Black Horse literally gave me everything which is quite good really. Every copy of every letter, default notices, annual statements, internal system print outs, copy of original signed agreement etc.

You would think if they can give that to me, why havent hillesden/DLC/Mortimer got copies?
                    Incompetence?
                    Blimey, that was quick!
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Had a slightly odd letter from mortimers today. I can only presume they have no idea what to do so theyve sent me this:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Heard nothing the last few weeks until today when i recieved a wierd letter from DLC.

For some strange reason they have sent me a "notice of sums in arrears"

Is it just a standard thing or are they trying something on?

Comment

It is a standard thing, they have to send you one every year xxx
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho Warren View Post
                            Had a slightly odd letter from mortimers today. I can only presume they have no idea what to do so theyve sent me this:
                            I think that's just a left hand/right elbow having zero contact type letter.... once they've had the defence for 28 days things will be stayed in the court so you could consider applying to have the claim struck out with an unless order for the documentation.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X