• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

After filing N244 form how long do I wait for a hearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After filing N244 form how long do I wait for a hearing

Hello all, I processed the court payment of £155 on Monday 18/01/2016, how long does it take to get a hearing date?

Does anybody know what is happening in the background right now? it has been passed to my local court (Chelmsford) from Northampton where a default CCJ was applied.

This CCJ was applied 06/01/2016 and I have until 05/02/2016 to make a payment, I am worried that this will drag on and I am in the process of completing a mortgage application that will be in jeopardy if this goes on into February
    Tags: None

Re: After filing N244 form how long do I wait for a hearing

The CCJ shouldn't be registered as you have applied to set aside within 28 days. If you call the court they should confirm that.

The application will have been sent to your local court and the judge there will consider the application and issue directions or a order for a hearing. Usually its within a couple of weeks.

What's the claim for and what are your reasons for the set aside? Are you intending to set aside and then defend the claim ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by lilface35 View Post
      Hello all, I processed the court payment of £155 on Monday 18/01/2016, how long does it take to get a hearing date?

Does anybody know what is happening in the background right now? it has been passed to my local court (Chelmsford) from Northampton where a default CCJ was applied.

This CCJ was applied 06/01/2016 and I have until 05/02/2016 to make a payment, I am worried that this will drag on and I am in the process of completing a mortgage application that will be in jeopardy if this goes on into February
      There is some backlog in the system, so maybe a little slow getting the application allocated to a hearing.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        The CCJ shouldn't be registered as you have applied to set aside within 28 days. If you call the court they should confirm that.

The application will have been sent to your local court and the judge there will consider the application and issue directions or a order for a hearing. Usually its within a couple of weeks.

What's the claim for and what are your reasons for the set aside? Are you intending to set aside and then defend the claim ?
        The CCJ was registered without my knowledge hence the N244 submission, does this automatically remove it from my file pending hearing and judges decision?

The claim was set by default as Cap Quest filed at an address I haven't lived at for a year and a half. I dispute the debt based on my last acknowledge payment being made in 2008. in 2010 a transaction was recorded from egg (the original creditor before capquest brought the debt) to Cap Quest. Upon questioning cap quest tell me this "could" be a payment from me BUT i know it wasnt. they also say it "could" be an internal balance adjustment from egg and therefore as I understand this was nothing to do with me and cannot be interpreted as an acknowlegdment of debt... meaning the original claim for money was statute barred.

I believe this to be my strongest defence.

Also, I am not convinced that egg will have a signed cca as this dates back to oct 2004 and the debt apparently when brought was £3780.60... it is now registered on my credit file as a CCJ for £8338.00!!! how can they claim to have so much interest!?!?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X