• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio I LTD / Shopacheck - 18-01-2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio I LTD / Shopacheck - 18-01-2016

Got my dates a bit mixed up, I re read all my posts and noticed the date for defence should be 15th

Comment

So, it is now 11/03/2016, it has been 25 days since I submitted my defence, I have received/heard absolutely nothing from the court and/or claimant, all I received was a letter from the court confirming they have received my defence.

What happens now?, I read somewhere that they have 28 days to respond.....

Do I need to do anything my self on day 28? do I ask the court to strike the claim out? what would be my next move?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dbc1702 View Post
        So, it is now 11/03/2016, it has been 25 days since I submitted my defence, I have received/heard absolutely nothing from the court and/or claimant, all I received was a letter from the court confirming they have received my defence.

What happens now?, I read somewhere that they have 28 days to respond.....

Do I need to do anything my self on day 28? do I ask the court to strike the claim out? what would be my next move?

Thanks
        Does it say that on the court letter?

If no extension has been agreed, & they haven't replied to the defense, the case will be stayed.

Allow a couple of days or so (for postage), then check the status of the claim (phone the court)

If stayed, you can ask the court for the claim to be struck out.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          Does it say that on the court letter?

If no extension has been agreed, & they haven't replied to the defense, the case will be stayed.

Allow a couple of days or so (for postage), then check the status of the claim (phone the court)

If stayed, you can ask the court for the claim to be struck out.
          Just re-read the letter from court saying they have received my defence, and it states the claimant has 28 days to continue or not...

Comment

Hi, update is that the court have asked for me to complete a DQ (Directions Questionaire) what should I put in this. As stated I deny the debt, Lowell and their solicitors have not responded to anything I have sent them be it a CCA or CPR, any help would be great

Comment

Answer the questions honestly and if you get stuck come back here.

nem

Comment

Thanks nemesis, do you know if the DQ can be emailed to Northampton or does it have to be posted?

Comment

deleted

Comment

If you've completed and and signed it electronically then you can email it - see http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ments-to-Court
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

As they (Lowell and sols) have not responded to your request to the CCA & CPR you won't be eligible for mediation, which imo says they haven't got a leg to stand on because they don't have the relevant papers

Comment

Originally posted by dbc1702 View Post
                        Thanks nemesis, do you know if the DQ can be emailed to Northampton or does it have to be posted?
                        Best posted us signed for and check delivery.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X