• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Cabolt Financial ltd / Welcome Finance - 21-12-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - Cabolt Financial ltd / Welcome Finance - 21-12-2015

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 21-12-2015
    Amount approx: 27200.35
    Claimant: Cabolt Financial ltd
    Solicitor: Mortimer Clarke Solicitors ltd
    Original Credit: Welcome Finance

Particulars of Claim:
    By an agreement between WELCOME FINANCE & the defendant on or around 28/2/2005 (the Agreement) WELCOME FINANCE agreed to loan the Defendant monies. The defendant did not pay the installments as they fell due & the Agreement was terminated. The Agreement was as signed to the claimant. THE CLAIMANT THEREFORE CLAIMS £27200.35

Stat Barred? Unsure

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim

Other Info:
    Hi there about this debt I think it was a mortgage short fall but the wife thinks it was a loan. The house was repossessed and sold through auction and we never heard a thing since. We have no paperwork at all about this im in the progress of writing and sending the CCA and the CPR forms off any help would be much appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - Cabolt Financial ltd / Welcome Finance - 21-12-2015

anyone ?

Comment

Hi Andy, Apologies for missing your post before xxx

Good to hear you have acknowledged the claim - so you have to the 23rd Jan to defend ?

Have you got your CPR and CCA letters off to the claimant ?

On the debt - did you have a mortgage with Welcome Finance or a secured loan ? Did Welcome Finance reposess your house ?

£27k does sound like a large figure - does it correspond with a loan you have had previously with Welcome ?

If it is a mortgage shortfall then the creditor does have a 12 year period in which to try and recover that from you.

That is a terribly brief statement of claim from Cabot/Mortimer Clark for a fast track claim. It will be in the fast track so they will need to provide far more in the way of documentation to evidence this debt. Standard disclosure will apply.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

As far as I recall Welcome did not provide " mortgages underseal" just secured loans.

nem

Comment

Thanks for the replies the letters are sent off and im just waiting for a reply. I am curious tho if it was a secured loan how would that work with being stature bared ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Mill View Post
            Thanks for the replies the letters are sent off and im just waiting for a reply. I am curious tho if it was a secured loan how would that work with being stature bared ?
            Secured personal loan? Not a mortgage under seal?

nem

Comment

i honestly have no idea it was that long ago, guess il wait to see if the paper work turns up

Comment

i honestly have no idea it was that long ago, guess il wait to see if the paper work turns up
                Mortgages have a 12 year Limitation period.

nem

Comment

Me again, is the seven days i gave them to respond to my letters working days ? and what do i do if they haven't replied after the 7 day period thanks

Comment

Right the 7 days have now passed the letters were received on the 15th January, can anyone tell me my next step ? thanks in advance

EDIT : I have just received this letter from Mortimer,

Thank you for your letter dated 05/01/2016.

We confirm our client is willing to agree to the extension of 28 days, for you to file your defense. Pursuant to CPR 15.5(2) please notify the court in writing of the agreement.

CPR 31.14 relates to the right to inspect a document and can be distinguished from standard disclosure of evidence during the course of proceedings.

We believe that you may have already "inspected" the documents to which you make reference because on various dates in the past they would have been sent to you by another party such as the original creditor.

we would be grateful if you could confirm what documents you have in your possession or control relating to this matter to avoid duplication over document inspection. We will then take our client's instructions.

what are my next steps please
                    Last edited by Andy Mill; 26th January 2016, 10:29:AM.

Comment

Right the 7 days have now passed the letters were received on the 15th January, can anyone tell me my next step ? thanks in advance

EDIT : I have just received this letter from Mortimer,

Thank you for your letter dated 05/01/2016.

We confirm our client is willing to agree to the extension of 28 days, for you to file your defense. Pursuant to CPR 15.5(2) please notify the court in writing of the agreement.

CPR 31.14 relates to the right to inspect a document and can be distinguished from standard disclosure of evidence during the course of proceedings.

We believe that you may have already "inspected" the documents to which you make reference because on various dates in the past they would have been sent to you by another party such as the original creditor.

we would be grateful if you could confirm what documents you have in your possession or control relating to this matter to avoid duplication over document inspection. We will then take our client's instructions.

what are my next steps please
                      Hello Andy, responding to your PM.
                      A standard letter used to see if you have documents that they don't
                      have and or can't get.

You could send them the following.

Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

Date:

Ref: CC Claim No.................:
                      Re: CPR31.14 Request dated.................@

Sir / Madam,

I refer to your letter dated.......................: in response to my request for inspection of documents
                      under the provisions of Civil Procedure Rule 31.14.

Please note any documents (if any) that I may have under my control will if relevant to this claim be disclosed
                      at the appropriate time in the progress of this claim.

As this claim is not yet allocated t a track CPR 31.14 still applies, please
                      therefore provide the documents requested by return of post, assuming
                      that your " client " was in possession of the documents it intends to rely
                      on before issuing the claim.

Failure to comply will be brought to the attention of the court.

yours etc.

use signed for post Andy.

nem

Comment

Thanks nem just one more question for now. Can i e-mail the court or do i have to write a letter about the extension and what would i need to say

thanks again

Comment

Thanks nem just one more question for now. Can i e-mail the court or do i have to write a letter about the extension and what would i need to say

thanks again
                          Yes>

Re Claim No xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Between Cabot Financial Ltd and Andy

The claimant has this day agreed to an extension of xx days to enable me to file my defence,

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                            Yes>

Re Claim No xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Between Cabot Financial Ltd and Andy

The claimant has this day agreed to an extension of xx days to enable me to file my defence,

nem
                            I might expand on it a bit Nem.

SUBJECT: xxxxCLAIMANTxxxx v xxxxDEFENDANTxxxxx CASE NO: XXXXXX - EXTENSION OF TIME FOR FILING DEFENCE
                            -------------------------------------------------------------
                            Dear Sirs

The defendant and the claimant in claim XXXXXX have agreed that the period for filing a defence specified in rule 15.4 shall be extended by 28 days as allowed under CPR 15.5. This extends the date for filing of a defence to XXX DATE XXX. I have attached confirmation of this extension received from the claimant for the courts record.

Kind regards

xxxxxxxxx
                            Defendant
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Andy, I might be inclined to send a subject access request ( see http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ection-Act-%29 ) off to Welcome finance to obtain further information about this debt. This will be in fast track - possibly multitrack so the risk of costs is quite high, so if this does go much further I think you would be wise to try and get some formal advice. The Particulars of claim do make this sound like a loan - do you not recall if you had a loan with Welcome as well as the mortgage ?

Has there been any response to your CCA request ?
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X