• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Possibly statute barred! DISCONTINUED!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly statute barred! DISCONTINUED!!!

I am trying to post up claim form that I have had today. The site must have an error as it's not letting me post it up.

The date is 14/12/15
    The claimant: Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 LTD
    Original creditor : Santander Cards

Particulars of claim:
    This claim is for the sun of £1378.67in respect of monies owing pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA) under account no xxxxxx.The debt was legally assigned by Santander Cards Ltd to the claimant and notice has been served. The defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the agreement. A default notice has been served upon the Defendant pursuant to Section 87 (1) CCA
    The Claimant claims
    1. The sum of 3 1378.67
    2. Interest pursuant to s69 of the county court act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent from the 13/11/15 to the date hereof 27 days is the sum of £8.16
    3. Daily interest at the rate of £ .30
    4. Costs

Total amount £1536.83

Any other info:

I do not recognise the account number that has been quoted on the claim form, it does not represent a credit card number.

I also believe this is possibly statute barred but if it's not already it would have be within one month as I stopped paying all my credit cards between December 2009 and early January 2010.

Is it worth saying that I believe that it's statute barred as surely it is up to them to prove that it is not?

Thanks in advance

Tags: None

Re: Possibly statute barred!

Mmmm are you trying to do it via a form or direct onto the forum ? or are you trying to upload an image of the claim form ?

I have just PM'd you about VIP - it could be some weird cookies issue ( quite often ends up being cookies ) so if you know how to have a go at clearing those, or use a different browser to see if that is the problem xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I was using the link and filling in the form! It just wouldn't let me submit't I wasn't trying to upload anything.

Comment

I'll check the form out, a couple other people have mentioned it's being a bit glitchy too.

Do you know what card this might be ? It won't hurt to mention that it is statute barred, though sounds like they may have just got in in time, they can make the effort to prove that

You should still though ask for the agreement and other documents mentioned in the claim, and send a formal CCA request - as per http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...it-Court-Claim

Do you have any idea what this is?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I don't know what card it is. I can only imagine it may be a store card that is underwritten by Santander. I will go into the loft tomorrow and haul all the paperwork out. When I stopped paying the cards due to financial trouble I did do a CCA request so I will know when I made the last payments. I'm hoping that they might pull out!
          Do you have a link for a template letter regarding it being SB?

Comment

Attached Files
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Have you filed your acknowlegement of service on this yet Christinez ?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by christinez;601757[FONT=Helvetica
                [/FONT]I also believe this is possibly statute barred but if it's not already it would have be within one month as I stopped paying all my credit cards between December 2009 and early January 2010.
                Hi Christinez, when you say you "stopped paying", do you mean that you made the last payment between Dec09 and Jan10 or that you missed your first payments between those dates? It sounds as if weeks or even days may matter here... the 6 year period for a credit card debt to become statute barred runs from the time when you missed a payments, usually 1 month after your last payment.

Comment

I have filed my soa and have sent out the CCA & CPR requests and also a letter sating that I believe it may be SB. I have not had any response from them at all. I am due to file my defence next week. Should I bother chasing anything or just send in my defence? I think the last time I made a payment was in December 2009 I have a letter off them stating that I need to make a payment in Feb 09 of a certain amount to bring my account up to date, which I also didn't make.

Comment

Originally posted by christinez View Post
                    I have filed my soa and have sent out the CCA & CPR requests and also a letter sating that I believe it may be SB. I have not had any response from them at all. I am due to file my defence next week. Should I bother chasing anything or just send in my defence? I think the last time I made a payment was in December 2009 I have a letter off them stating that I need to make a payment in Feb 09 of a certain amount to bring my account up to date, which I also didn't make.
                    Good morning,

It is important to find out when exactly the last payment was made.
                    Do you know the date the account was defaulted?

nem

Comment

How can I find that out?

Do I need that information to file my defence or is it up to them to prove that it isn't SB?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by christinez View Post
                        How can I find that out?

Do I need that information to file my defence or is it up to them to prove that it isn't SB?

Thanks
                        It is down to the claimant to prove the debt is not stat barred. However it is wise to have some back
                        up to your claim that it is.

Have you done a recent check on your credit files? This might give some guidance on timescales.

You can use Noddle it's free online.

nem

Comment

I do have noodle but it isn't going back far enough. I have just found some paperwork and it looks like my last payment was 12 Jan 2010.

So I guess it is now when they took out the claim against me? I'll still put them to the work of proving it though as they might not think it's worth doing the digging as this debt has been around the block twice so to speak!

Comment

I've received this letter.

I thought they could only extend the time up to 28 days, am I wrong? They obviously haven't got the paperwork necessary to take to court! How should I now proceed. Are they trying to trick me into doing nothing?

Thanks
                            Christine
                            Attached Files

Comment

The extension can be 14 or 28 days the maximum allowable.
                              No CCA supplied the debt is unenforceable until the agreement
                              or compliant reconstituted one is produced.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X