• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

threat of prison from arrow global guernsey ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• threat of prison from arrow global guernsey ltd

Hello guys hope that everyone is well and happy.

Had a very disturbing letter saying i owe approx £300 did not mention what is is for or anything i dont even know what the debt is for.

anyway in the letter it threatens imprisonment if i dont send an attachment of earnings and a court date set if i dont do this. I was only aware that imprisonment was an option if you absolutely refuse to pay council tax or unpaid parking tickets etc as it does not stipulate what the debt is for i cant tell.
    Also I feel a bit dumb now as i have sent an attachment of earnings thinking i cant take the time off work etc for court now i am wondering what it is all about etc and can they actually threaten imprisonment for a debt that they have not made clear what it is?
    now i am worried that it could of been an old debt they are phising for that may of been statute barred.

can anyone shed any light
    Tags: None

Re: threat of prison from arrow global guernsey ltd

You do not get sent to prison for a civil debt

Have you a CCJ regstered against you from arrow

Only a court can do an attachment of earnings application

CAN YOU POST UP THAT LETTER MINUS PERSONAL DETAILS

This is very wrong and illegal

Comment

I dont know what the debt is for it does not make it clear and the letter is from a court if this helps.

Comment

Looks like arrow have obtained a CCJ without your knowledge

Have you moved address in the last few years?

Comment

They may be chasing an old debt that could become statute barred soon. Can i be imprisoned for not paying a ccj then for a civil debt?

- - - Updated - - -

no i have lived at my current address for 8 years. sorry i think i am getting confused as if they have a ccj means i am not covered by statue barring does it?

Comment

You cannot be jailed for not paying a CCJ

There is a slim possibility of going to Gaol for contempt if you refuse to follow a judges REPEATED directons, not for having a CCJ

You stand more chance of winning the lottery then that happening

If they have a CCJ then it cannot become statute barred

You need to be contacting arrow and finding out what this debt is all about, including any legal action

We can advise better then

Comment

so why are they doing this i cant tell you how much sleep i have lost over this already. I will post up the letter tomorrow as i dont have a scanner will go to library tomorrow.
              Anyway have i now shot myself in the foot by acknowledging a debt i dont even know what it is???

they also wanted good reason why the money could not be deducted directly from my wages hence my employer knowing of the debt. Quite frankly there scare tactics are unbelievable but the letter is clearly from court so they must have some authority.

Comment

If you have a CCJ then acknowledging the debt makes no difference

What we need to do is find out about this debt and try and get the CCJ set aside

Post up that letter when you can as this is very wrong

County Courts do not make those sorts of threats unless through a judges directions

I think the court has sent it to arrow and arrow have added those threats but confirm when i have seen it
                Last edited by judgemental24; 8th November 2015, 00:13:AM.

Comment

If you receive an order to attend court for an attachment of earnings hearing, then yes not attending the hearing / providing the information is an imprisonable offence. ( it's also a fineable offence)

It is because there is already a judgment against you. If you possibly can, call Arrow and find out what this CCJ is, ask the court for details, check registry trust online and your credit file.

The letter will be something like this...
                  Attached Files
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re Post 6

Unless the law has changed recently CCJs cannot usually be enforced if action to enforce is not commeneced within 6 years of the CCJ being obtained

Comment

thank you for your advice so far. The letter was very similar to the one amethsyt put up so thanks for that.
                      so what you are saying is that is it correct and they can have the power to send me to prision if i dont comply with attachment to earnings or if i then miss a payment as when i sent the attachment they sent me another letter saying if i miss a payment fines and imprisonment could follow.
                      I really thought that this would only apply for non payment of council tax or parking fines etc i am very shocked i hope that others will learn from this that i why i am posting this also.

what i really need to be doing is find out if the debt is within six years i think so that is my next move.

Comment

Here is the letter they sent post me sending attachment of earnings so i still have a threat of fines imprisonment.

Anyway i will contact Arrow Global tomorrow and see what is happening i think and check my credit file also as advised will keep you updated.

thanks
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ok first of all. Find out what the debt is for by phoning up Drydens and asking. Then phone up the company and find out what you bought.

Comment

The threat of imprisonment is purely for not following the judges orders and isn't imminent at all, you need to have failed to follow , usually , a few directions .
                            If you have no idea what the CCJ is for and you didn't receive the paperwork you an request a set aside but I think that costs money

Comment

To be honest if the amount is statute barred they cannot collect. Out of interest i'd find out what the amount was for. And find out why they are chasing you up now.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X