• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot vs Ssrhstan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot vs Ssrhstan

Ignore the N9A form, that's an admission form.

I would respond to inform them that you did not receive a letter in January though. ( just off top of my head so change whatever )

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your letter dated Xxxxxxxx in which you refer to correspondance allegedly sent to me on 21st January 2016.

I have not received any communications from you, before today, since filing my defence with the court in November 2015. If you would be so kind as to forward a copy of this letter on to me that would be appreciated and I will endeavour to respond.

It is my understanding that the County Court Claim ref XXXXXX is currently stayed in the court system due to your clients failure to respond to my defence. I am yet to receive any documentation from your client following either my formal request for a copy of the agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, nor under my CPR 31.14 request for copies of documents mentioned in the statement of case.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Kind regards

xxxxxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Ssrhstan View Post
      Hello

Well all has been quiet, until today.

After filing my defence back in November I received confirmation of receipt from HM Courts and Tribunals, which explained that the claimant had 28 days to contact the court, otherwise the claim would be stayed.

I have now received the attached letter from Restons, it states they wrote to me in January but I never received anything, if I had I would have posted it here! Attached to the letter is a N9A form, do I need to complete this form? It all seems so official!

Sorry to bother you again, as before your advice is welcomed.

S
      Hello have yo checked with the court on the status of the claim?

I recommend you do so before replying to this. Cabot/Restons are experts at twisting matters to suit themselves,

The Court Office is open until 1600 so still time to check today.

nem

Comment

Posts crossed apologies.

Comment

That;'s okay, valid point, worth checking with the court they haven't snuck any lifting of the stay in under the radar xxx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for coming back so quickly, I will reply to Restons and will let you know what I receive back.

Thanks again

Sx

Comment

Hello

Just a quick update, I checked with the court, who confirmed that case is still stayed, so I have sent Restons the letter and will let you know their response.

Many thanks for your help.
              S

Comment

Good morning, I received the attached from Restons this morning, re para 4 I have never claimed that I didn't receive the letter of 26th November, in fact I posted it on here! It was the letter of the 21st January that I didn't receive, I have also attached of copy of that. What do I do now?
                Their point seems to me to be that I continued to make payments to Lloyds after assignment of the debt but that is only because I did not know that it had been sold to Cabot! I didn't receive a notice from either Lloyds or Cabot, and in fact Lloyds have never confirmed that the debt has been assigned, I assume they should be able to send me a copy of the assignment. As ever you advice is much appreciated.Sxx
                Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X