• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ application from Aktiv KApital/PGA Group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCJ application from Aktiv KApital/PGA Group

Originally posted by Nelix View Post
    Thanks nem

I have the paperwork, I would have thought the agreement that they sent would be more than a single page.

In the latter they mention that they are willing to accept a figure and state that it is substantially less that the original debt, however the figure they quote is actually more than the original debt, I appreciate that there will be costs on top of that too so that is probably why it is higher.

I'll go through income and expenditure with the in laws tonight in preparation for tomorrow.

Thanks again

Nelix
    Hello Nelix,

A single page agreement is unlikely to satisfy a CCA request as a true copy or a reconstituted true copy.

Can you put up a copy here please all may not be lost!

nem

Comment

The agreement received is in post 23 of this thread, on the first page

Fingers crossed that all is not lost

Thanks again

Comment

The agreement received is in post 23 of this thread, on the first page

Fingers crossed that all is not lost

Thanks again
        I can't see how that single sheet can be seen as a true copy of the agreement or a reconstituted copy.

I would personally reject it as non compliant.

At the mediation appointment you should when it comes round to the claimants requirements bring up the point
        that the document provided purporting to be a true copy of the alleged agreement does not satisfy a CCA request
        nor do you believe it would have any merit in support of their claim.
        Two possible outcomes.

1. They decide to withdraw.
        2. They or the mediator will say it needs to go to trial.

nem

Comment

If it was to go to trial what would the judge make of it, would it be thrown out due to the non compliance with the CCA request even though they have proved that the debt was acknowledged within the last 6 years?

I'm trying to avoid a CCJ for the in-laws but if this can be thrown out of delayed until after 7th Dec that would hit the 6 year marker and make it statute barred

Comment

I've got the mediation this afternoon via phone.

Comment

Any last minute advice?

Comment

sent message to admin this morning, no reply???

Comment

Right, I'm sat at the in-laws with all of the paperwork.

Here is the covering letter that came with the copy of the agreement:

Here is the copy of the Agreement:

I hope these are not too big, if so I can re-size them.

No other documentation was received with this letter/agreement.

The account was opened according to the signature on the agreement 25/11/2006, according to the credit file it was 1/12/2006.

According to the credit file it has a default date of 30/6/2010. I know this date is within the last 6 years but, if I am informed correctly, if this relates to a credit/store card then the 6 year time period starts from the date of the first missed payment, please correct me if I am wrong.

I have some bank statements relating to a Santander account who I believe took over A&L, however as we do not know who the original creditor is we don't know what to look for.
                  [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION] enforceable?

Comment

If it was to go to trial what would the judge make of it, would it be thrown out due to the non compliance with the CCA request even though they have proved that the debt was acknowledged within the last 6 years?

I'm trying to avoid a CCJ for the in-laws but if this can be thrown out of delayed until after 7th Dec that would hit the 6 year marker and make it statute barred
                    The issue of the claim stopped the 6 year clock ticking Nelix.

nem

Comment

Did you get documents containing sections 11a, 13 and 14 ( at least) as referred to on the front sheet of the agreement ? If not, you should ask them for it and remind them of their duties under CCA 1974.

And if you haven't already been through the mediation , then no you don't have all documents and they haven't complied with your section 78 request.

78 Duty to give information to debtor under running-account credit agreement.

(1)The creditor under a regulated agreement for running-account credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of [F1£1], shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,—

(a)the state of the account, and

(b)the amount, if any currently payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor, and

(c)the amounts and due dates of any payments which, if the debtor does not draw further on the account, will later become payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Currently in talks as we. Speak, awaiting a call back. Do you think it is worth risking going to court and hoping the judge rules in our favour due to non compliance of CCA or is is that too high a risk given that the In laws would end up with all court costs too

Comment

Currently in talks as we. Speak, awaiting a call back. Do you think it is worth risking going to court and hoping the judge rules in our favour due to non compliance of CCA or is is that too high a risk given that the In laws would end up with all court costs too
                          Hard to say Nelix at this stage.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X