• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - lowell portfolio ltd / hbos plc - 14-5-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - lowell portfolio ltd / hbos plc - 14-5-2015

Originally posted by yhussain0786 View Post
    Hi I just got a letter from Carters saying that they did send a Notice of Assignment in around July 2013 and attached are the copies and they willing to settle the debt again should I just file this way and wait for the court direction to come:tinysmile_hmm_t2: throught...any help would be appreciate.
    Nothing more? No Mention of the agreement?

Yes file and wait I think.

nem

Comment

Hi there Carter sent a copy of the Claimants Direction Quesionnaire today saying they want to settle and negotiation the matter outside of court.....What now guys I am bit baffled what to do next???

Comment

Hi there Carter sent a copy of the Claimants Direction Quesionnaire today saying they want to settle and negotiation the matter outside of court.....What now guys I am bit baffled what to do next???
        If you look around, you'll find that's Mr Carter's latest strategy, no doubt inspired by the fact his clients won't be able to obtain the documents when directed by the court. One to be filed under 'C' me thinks...

Comment

usually before discontinuing - hope so! last begging letter??

Comment

Becoming all to common with Carter, my thoughts are as Carter / Lowell more often than not are offering
            mediation as "SAP" to the court e.g. Look how reasonable we are being!! But frequently none of the documents
            supporting the claim have been provided by the date the mediation is supposed to take place, given this and the
            known delays in getting a mediation appointment it seems highly likely that Carter uses this to " buy time" for his
            " client" to find documents and of course " mystery payments"!

nem

Comment

Thank you so much for the quick responds......should I do nothing now and just wait for the courts hearing now. Thank you

Comment

Thank you so much for the quick responds......should I do nothing now and just wait for the courts hearing now. Thank you
                Mr Carter will be required to send you the documents he is relying on at least 14 days before the hearing date, that's when he may find himself in a sticky position if his clients can't dig anything up, and hopefully may have to discontinue. ray:

I'd file his letter under 'C'. :ranger:

Comment

Hello just got a e-mail form Small Claims Telephone Mediation Service need help what do i do or should i just leave it alone or reply??

Comment

Hello just got a e-mail form Small Claims Telephone Mediation Service need help what do i do or should i just leave it alone or reply??
                    Would be a good idea to reply and say you've not received any documents from Mr Carter.

Comment

How does the Small Claims Telephone Mediation Service work they have given me a date 11/8/2015 do i ring them on that date to tell them that i have had no documents from Carter or do i do it now.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Small Claims Telephone Mediation Service

Claim Number: XXXXXXXX

Parties: LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD v MISS YASMIN HUSSAIN Claimant REF: xxxxxx

Mediation Requirements

Please read the following statements:

I can confirm that I am willing to compromise on this matter - NO

I can confirm that there has been no police involvement in this matter at any time - NO

I can confirm that I have enough information about the claim to allow me to enter into negotiations and that I do not require any further evidence from the other party before the appointment - NO

I can confirm that I can mediate on the date stated above. - NO

(Mediation appointments are limited and can only be re-arranged under exceptional circumstances).

Mediation is not suitable in my case as I have not received no documents from Bryan Carter Solicitors.

Is This E-mail ok to send off to the Mediation Team.

Comment

How does the Small Claims Telephone Mediation Service work they have given me a date 11/8/2015 do i ring them on that date to tell them that i have had no documents from Carter or do i do it now.:tinysmile_twink_t2:
                          The mediation service telephone appointment system is far less stressful than a court hearing.
                          The mediator will phone you to introduce his/her self and to explain the process, which very simple,

The mediator ask the claimant their " position " on the claim and then will relay that information to you for are reply, this negation continue until either and agreement mutually acceptable is reached or the negotiations break down in which case the claim is returned
                          to the court.

If successful the "agreed" resolution will be written into a Consent ( Tomlin) Order for you and the claimant to sign, it is
                          then returned to the court to be sealed thus becoming binding on both parties.

If the debtor fails to maintain the agreed payments the claimant can immediately enter judgement by default

nem

- - - Updated - - -

nem

Comment

I read this as you are unwilling to mediate at all

I would be saying yes I will compromise and mediate but add that no papers have been received

Comment

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction so I just wait for the phone call then from Mediation Team and just tell them I will comproise but have recieved no document from claimant:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction so I just wait for the phone call then from Mediation Team and just tell them I will comproise but have recieved no document from claimant:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
                                Yes state you are willing to partake in the mediation process if the claimant has shown "willingness" to mediate and then fails to disclose the documents required it will count in your favour.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X