• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bryan carter / lowells ,,, coop bank loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bryan carter / lowells ,,, coop bank loan

im still waiting havent heard a thing , its now may 11 th :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Interlaken Lowell's, Red Debt Collections , Fredrickson all the same group headed by Interlaken.
      Been like that for a while.
      Any mention of Coop Bank?

nem

Comment

hi nem ,, no mention about co -op bank on my credit file , and havent heard a thing from either carters or lowells , they dident contest the sb defence ,, just offer to settle out of court . i dident bother to reply as there was nothing to settle , since then nothing

Comment

Check with the court tomorrow I expect the claim is stayed, a s they have not responded to your defence.
          If this is the case then you can apply for the claim to be struck out.
          nem

Comment

hi , update ,, the case has not been withdrawn , carters have not come up with any substantive argument as to why it is not sb ,,, anyone know where i go from here ,, any ideas welcome :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

further update i am applying to the court to have the case struck out £ 150 ,, can i claim this back from lowell / carter . any advice gratefully accepted

Comment

Give Carter/Lowell 7 calendar days notice of intention to apply for strike out.
                They will either give in or the " creative mystery payment department" will spring into action.

nem

Comment

hi all , nem , quick update , carters are no longer instructed , not sure if it means lowells no longer wish to pursue it ,, im going ahead with strike out in court ,, will i be able to claim any of these expences back from carters / lowells ?

Comment

well , i have paid my £152 , carters have withdrawn , lowells sent letter saying they could not pursue me through court because of time elapsed ie 6 yrs , but would continue to ask for repayment , they had 2 weeks to pay £ 350 to continue in court , thats where we are if it helps anyone reading my saga ,

Comment

Originally posted by depdawg View Post
                      well , i have paid my £152 , carters have withdrawn
                      That's excellent news! :high5: :high5:

Are you getting your costs?

lowells sent letter saying they could not pursue me through court because of time elapsed ie 6 yrs , but would continue to ask for repayment , they had 2 weeks to pay £ 350 to continue in court , thats where we are if it helps anyone reading my saga ,
                      That is wrong, the FCA says: https://fshandbook.info/FS/html/FCA/CONC/7/15

A firm must not continue to demand payment from a customer after the customer has stated that he will not be paying the debt because it is statute barred.

Comment

flaming parrot, thanks very much for the reply , my costs are considerable , i actualy sought advice from a solicitor at £200 + vat she dident think i could claim anything as it was small claims court ,, if you think otherwise i might play them at their own game , many thanks ,

Comment

Hi Depdawg,

Carter Lowell can just be informed in writing in the following manner that the debt is stat barred.

To Andrew Bartle
                          COO Lowell Group.
                          date..................

Ref: Use Lowell/carters

Dear Mr Bartle,

I refer to a letter from Lowell dated xxxxxxxxxxx, in reference to an alleged debt for £................. which is statute barred, it has been noted that Lowell intends to press for payment of the statute barred debt.

I am sure that Lowell is fully aware of the FCA handbook and the section regarding the pursuit of statute barred debts once a "creditor" has been informed in writing that an alleged debtor has stated in writing that he will not be paying because the debt is statute barred.

I copy of this letter from Lowell is being forwarded to the FCA for information together with a comment on the fitness of Lowell to hold a consumer credit licence.

Use signed for post, to Lowell's HO don't use a PO BOX No. Just Ellington House, 9 Savannah Way, Leeds LS10 1AH.

It's no worth sending anything to " customer (dis) service at Lowell, they have no authority to do anything.

nem

Comment

ok , update ,, dident need to go to court , lowells dident pay up ,, judge ordered case discontinued , although i havent had that letter yet from lowells , thanks for the advice guys / gals , nem. very helpfull site

Comment

ok , update ,, dident need to go to court , lowells dident pay up ,, judge ordered case discontinued , although i havent had that letter yet from lowells , thanks for the advice guys / gals , nem. very helpfull site
                              Good result, Lowell has failed to " pay up" fees a good few times recently!!

nem

Comment

Excellent news, looks like the Leeds Losers are discontinuing a few cases now. :high5:

This is fast becoming Lowell's Anthem, possibly shared with Cabot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE :grin: :grin: :grin:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X