• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mediation settlement agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediation settlement agreement

last year I entered court Mediation with bryan carter solicitors

The result of this mediation involved a significant reduction of this alleged debt and resulted In a mediation settlement to be paid over 4 months.

£xx per month was paid before the due date stipulated in the mediation agreement.

The other day I logged on to mybryancarter to make the final payment. only to find that The outstanding balance was zero. and I could not make the final payment. as the account had been returned to their client (Lowell Financial)

Phoned bryan carter today to be told that they can not give a reason why it has been returned to their client, but I needed to contact them directly.

I phoned their original client, (Lowell) The advisor that I spoke with advised me that they had nothing on their system about this and reffered me to their subsidiary collection agent Fredrickson International. They said much the same as Lowell then transferred the call to bryan carter

I have made every effort to make this final payment to them but appear to be going round in circles. The cynic in me feels that they are trying to frustrate my last payment effort so that I default on my final payment date and they can then go back to court and obtain a judgement for the full amount of the claim.

What are my options to counter this ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: Mediation settlement agreement

If this was me I would send a letter by recorded post as evidence, Explain you cannot make the final payment as agreed. Was this debt secured by a "Tomlin Order" to clear the balance

You need a paper trail to protect yourself

Comment

thanks for your reply mildman.
      Sent email to bryan carter, sent letter by recorded post and recorded the conversations with bryan carter, lowells and fredricsons,

Not a tomlin consent order but court mediation settlement agreement.

Comment

I would like to head this off at an early stage to prevent carters trying to obtain a judgement.

If I do not receive a reply from Carter, do I then write to the court to inform them of this situation ?

Many thanks

Comment

So long as you have evidence you have tried to make payment you should be okay, but I would, to be safe, ring the court and ask them to note on the case file the problems you have had making the final payment. Can you send a cheque to Bryan Carters ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X