• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim Lowels with a twist.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court claim Lowels with a twist.

Hi guys, once again I need your help. The not so lovely 'Leeds Lowlife' have sent me a court claim. I thought this nightmare had gone away but I'm Sleepless nights again. The short story, they served me with a SD, I sent a CCA request plus the postal order, I sent emails, they ignored me for 4 months. March 2014 the really scary letter ' We're going to take your house' came and I spoke to Kate. She worked her magic and they withdrew the SD. (I'll be forever grateful) So I'm wondering if they can chase this again, and if so, what I should write as my defense? I've got 13 days left and don't know if I can go through this again.
    Tags: None

Re: Court claim Lowels with a twist.

Hiya, You aren't alone, a few of the set aside SD's have come back with Court Claims, sadly yes they can do it .... though you have the same defence pretty much as for the stat demand set aside - default of CCA request - Presumably you have heard nothing in between times ? No credit agreement copy ?

What date is the issue date on the court claim ? You have 14 days ( plus 5 for service) to get the claim acknowledged, but I'd get that done as soon as possible - there should be password and reference on the form to use on moneyclaimonline website - if you tick the intend to defend in full box then we can relax a little as that extends the time scales you have to 33 days from the date of issue.

We will need to send a further CCA request - but before we can say very much more, need to know what the debt is - I'll see if I can see your previous postings

Try not to worry, we're here to help you all we can xxxx

Sharon
    xx

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...it-Court-Claim
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

For ref:

The debt relates to a Lloyds Tsb Credit card, outstanding balance £8,030.

Poss 12 years old ( so 2002 ish?)

Last made a payment in 2009.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for your swift reply, I've acknowledged service and have a MCOL number (whatever that is) I'm happy to send another CCA request and another £1 postal order,this will be the third How many more do I need to send, they never reply. I'm determined this Christmas will not be spent worrying about losing my house or sanity!

Comment

Sorry Sharon, yes its LSTB 8,030, I think its coming up to SB. Everyone has a story and we all wish we didn't. Thankyou.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X