• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Arrow Global / Egg? - 30-10-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Arrow Global / Egg? - 30-10-2014

Okay so not stat barred. Can you upload the agreement ? ( does it look right to you ?)
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The agreement looks all above board and has been signed by my husband in 2004

Comment

Originally posted by LynW View Post
        Just had this letter from Arrow Global.

They have attached a statement showing regular payments up until July 2010 as well as other documentation that we had requested.

I presume you now think those payments were genuine, and you were mistaken or at least misremembered when you said you/he did not recall making payments in the last 6 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
          I presume you now think those payments were genuine, and you were mistaken or at least misremembered when you said you/he did not recall making payments in the last 6 years?
          i'm guessing they must be genuine

Comment

I only ask because if I had been making payments to a debt like that as recent as 4 years ago, I would certainly remember. I understand that personal circumstances sometimes do not mean that is the same for everyone though.

Comment

If you have all the documents and you agree that the debt is not statute barred, then now would be the time to try and negotiate an out of court settlement with the claimants. You could offer them a tomlin/consent order on the basis you pay £xxx ( an affordable amount each month ) or if you are able negotiate a full and final lump sum settlement.

Alternatively you could enter an admission and offer to pay through the court - although that will give you a CCJ.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Amethyst, it looks like an out of court settlement may be his best offer if they agree. Will speak to my husband. Thanks again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X