• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - MKDP / Morgan Stanley / Barclaycard - 29-5-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - MKDP / Morgan Stanley / Barclaycard - 29-5-2014

MSagreement.jpgMSt&c.jpgMSt&c2.jpgBarclayst&c.jpgBarclayst&c2.jpg
    Not sure how legible these will be.

Comment

statement.jpg

Also here's a sample of the "statements"

Comment

Originally posted by Twin View Post
        But can I agree to a settlement without admitting liability??
        Or would you word it... "in the event that I am found liable..." and go to court anyway?

I'll see if I can scan it in later and post it up.
        You have no obligation to agree settlement at all, and no you can't agree a consent order, then go to court, the consent order ends the action and you pay what has been agreed.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14365[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14366[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14367[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14368[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14369[/ATTACH]
          Not sure how legible these will be.
          How legible are the originals? Can you read them enough to check the agreement front and terms match up and relate to one another.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14371[/ATTACH]

Also here's a sample of the "statements"
            Shows how making the minimum payment has very little effect on the amount of the debt - you were paying £76 a month and only knocking about £12 off the debt.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              How legible are the originals? Can you read them enough to check the agreement front and terms match up and relate to one another.
              The signed agreement isn't really legible at all apart from the larger fonts. All I have done here is scan them so I can't see much more than you. Those two pages crammed onto one side of A4 is what they sent me!
              I'm going to write to them and ask to see a legible version to see if they even have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Shows how making the minimum payment has very little effect on the amount of the debt - you were paying £76 a month and only knocking about £12 off the debt.
                And I would argue that the terms/interest are unreasonable?

Comment

Not really that is rather standard unfortunately, irritating as it is.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

I'm going to write to them and ask to see a legible version to see if they even have one.
                    That is a good idea.

Quote this http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1983/1557/made
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

I've also written directly to MS and Barclaycard to see what documents they have. Again I'm hoping there's nothing that dates back beyond the takeover as that's nearly six years ago.

Comment

Ok so just to update, 40 days has passed since I sent SAR's to Barclaycard and Morgan Stanley.
                        BC sent me all they had but the original agreement was still as illegible as the one above.
                        MS have not replied and not cashed the cheque but did sign for the letter.
                        Are they under a legal obligation to reply to the letter even if they have no information to give??
                        How would I best chase this up?

Comment

Bump...

Comment

What's the current status of the case in the courts now?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I'm not sure of a formal term but basically waiting for the hearing date in early Feb. MKDP have not replied to the mediation offer.

Thanks Amethyst

Comment

Just waiting then, that's a long wait isn't it. Do you have to put in a witness statement before the hearing / docs to rely on etc ? If they send nothing else you can just reiterate in that their failings. Have they been ordered to provide docs by a certain date at all ?

Now this agreement, it would have been legible at inception, and it isn't obliterated (ie you could make it out with a fair bit of effort and guesswork) so go through and cross reference the signed page with the attached terms to see if they match up, interest rates / dates etc, any anomolies that show that the terms they have given you are incomplete / wrong etc. To me it seems just the signature page and the other page stuck on the same A4 sheet were all you had at inception, the rest are for a barclaycard ? so are the 'current' terms rather than those at inception as at inception it was MSDW
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X