• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Anyone know anything about the Civil Procedure Rules 38.7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone know anything about the Civil Procedure Rules 38.7

Originally posted by Ebony Princess View Post
    I just contacted the court to ask whether the claimant needed to obtain permission to bring a new claim. They told me that they didn't and that they could re-list the case at any time. The provisions of CPR 38.7 seem quite clear to me, so why doesn't it seem to apply to my case? Any thoughts?
    The court staff often mislead people not because they are being difficult but because they aren't legally trained they are just clerks who often think they know the law

Comment

Having applied to the court, some time ago, to have the matter discontinued they are going to have hard time trying to persuade the court that they have a case.

Also do you have the original judgement to hand if so include it in any pleadings

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Have you had a full statement of how the amount being claimed is made up?

When you say the loan was paid of in 2011 - did you have a redemption statement at that time or just came to the end of the term ?
        I had just come to the end of the term which was 5 years. I didn't get a redemption statement when the loan was paid off. When I made my last payment, I asked whether 'that was it' and the lady said yes. I only got a redemption statement when court proceedings began the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
          Having applied to the court, some time ago, to have the matter discontinued they are going to have hard time trying to persuade the court that they have a case.

Also do you have the original judgement to hand if so include it in any pleadings
          I never received any judgement from the court. The only thing I got was General Order Form (not sure if that is the same thing).

Comment

Was it a N24 General Form of Order or Judgment ??

or just an order saying the claimants claim was struck out ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes it was an N24. It had a list of directions that we were supposed to complete. I did what was asked of me but Blemain didn't.

Comment

Okay and then did you get a further order saying they had been struck out ?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

No, just a letter from the court saying the claim had been withdrawn. That was the last correspondence I had from the court.

Comment

Just a quick update - the case went to court last week and the duty solicitor appointed for tried to argue (not very well) that the Blemain should not have been able to bring the case again and that it was an abuse of process. The solicitor for Blemain said that they vacated the previous hearing in order for negotiations to continue - there were no negotiations just costs piling on and the judge did seem a bit confused about the vacating issue. I am now back to where I started in that I now have to serve a fully pleaded defence again. This has to be done in 2 weeks. Can I use abuse of process in my defence? The CPR 38.7 rules doesn't seem to have helped.

Comment

If you want to post your original defence we can try help you make sure it gets it sorted this time around.

I filed the defence and then on 15 March 2013 I received a letter from the claimant's solicitors saying that they have been instructed to vacate the court proceedings. I called the court to find out why and they said because an agreement had been reached. No agreement between us has ever been reached. I have had a solicitor look over the loan agreement and she said that according to the terms therein, that I should pay £399.00 which I offered to them and they refused.
                      Do you have a copy of the loan agreement you can post here?
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes, although it's a very bad copy and they refuse to send me a legible one. I will try and scan it on later.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          If you want to post your original defence we can try help you make sure it gets it sorted this time around.

Do you have a copy of the loan agreement you can post here?
                          im fighting blemain at the minute, we are challenging the default charges for our client and also the irresponsible lending, can you perhaps post the agreement so we can check if its the same terms as the case im dealing with
                          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

I have attached a copy of my loan agreement.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone had a chance to look over the loan agreement? I'm still trying to work out what I should put in my defence.

Comment

I'll nudge [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION] to take a look to see if it is the same as the case he is dealing with.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X