• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON !! Discontinued !!! - Lowell No CCA County Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE - Lowell No CCA County Court

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Sounds like you might have entered something that's been filed as a defence on your acknowledgement form... don't worry its happened a fair bit so it's not just you . Give the court a call and ask them what date your defence was entered and if they could possibly send you a copy of it as you don't have a record and don't think you entered a defence, only an acknowledgement.

We had a case a couple weeks ago where the court had filed an acknowledgement as a defence wrongly and had to wind the case back to allow the defendant to enter their defence.

(the file will be with your local court now, but if they don't have it might be worth giving Northampton business centre a call too)
    Sounds like someone at the court needs to go to Specsavers. :grin:
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

OK, even more worried now after speaking to the CC Offices.
      It seems the case is still going ahead, court fees are paid. I had a look at my defence (which I had sent in with the acknowledgement form) it went something like this: The defendant denies that he is liable to the claimant as the alleged particulars of their claim or at all. The defendant has not entered any agreement and has sent the claimant a request for documents. CA copy of alleged Credit Agreement as allowed under the CCA. To date he has received nothing, The defendant puts the claimant to strict proof of their claim.
      The office allowed me to also hand in the full defence above (which I did, not sure if that was right or not) as long as I send a copy of it to BW Legal. However, my biggest concern is that they said that a copy of the defence form will have been sent to the claimant. This has my signature on it, so what's stopping them from fabricating whatever documents they like? I'm half expecting a signed CCA to turn up on my doorstep within the next day or so...

Comment

Just finished the "mediation", the outcome was that mediation couldn't go ahead as no documents have been supplied to me. However, BW Legal reckon they have the documents and they will be with me "by the end of the week". Will this be a forged CCA I wonder? Bearing in mind that they have had 7 months to produce these, and they are only now, 15 days from the hearing (and after receiving my signature from the court office) saying that they have them, where do I stand with this?

Comment

It takes more than a signature to come up with a compliant CCA. :grin: Remember Lowell are not the original lender and it would be very hard for them to find the right terms from the time your account was set up, etc. if they haven't been able to obtain them so far. :thumb:

Let's see what (if anything) they come up with and post up anything you receive. :typing:

Comment

Still no documents from BW Legal, even though we are 13 days until the court date. Bearing in mind that the court order stated that all documents that the parties are relying on in court should be delivered to all other parties no later than 14 days from trial date, does that mean that anything that arrives now will be inadmissible, or does that depend upon what it is?

Comment

Court date tomorrow, and still naff all off BW Legal. Any tips or advice for tomorrow?

Comment

Arrived at court to a notice of discontinuance. So took a day off work for nothing!

Comment

Hi Ajay, So sorry we didn't see your last couple of posts, it sounds like you did absolutely fine.... you can ask for wasted costs off the claimant if you want to, or you might just be happy its over. Well done for sticking with it xx
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: WON !! Discontinued !!! - Lowell No CCA County Court

Fantastic News! :cheer2:Just an absolute shame you had to go through all that worry. I would be inclined to agree with Amethyst about getting somesort of recompense but then again if it were me I would be so busy doing a highland fling with joy that it would not be my first thought.:lol:

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                    ~ Anonymous

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X